• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff DeLeo moves to Dismiss soccer mom's law suit

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Aran wrote:
I'd take a dozen of him before half of you.
you may have answered this before, but would you mind stating where your animosity for SFN comes from? Did she beat your ass in a game of tennis or something?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Aran wrote:

Well, I'm sure there are plenty here who feel the same way about you.

Well, maybe not. Depends on which half of you they were getting. In a hardball negotiation, I'm betting they'd settle for just your head.

:)

(Sorry, guys. I couldn't resist.)

WCrawford

imported post

Aran wrote:
How about trying to make a point without insulting people? How does what you wrote even come close to advancing the discussion?

Oops, sorry, I just noticed your age. Maybe we should talk to your mommy and have her burp her cranky baby.:p

Is that what you want these conversations to devolve into?

Nozoki

imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
Aran wrote:
you may have answered this before, but would you mind stating where your animosity for SFN comes from? Did she beat your ass in a game of tennis or something?

I've been trying to figure that out myself. He's awfully hateful toward her, but never explains why. And this sheriff needs to go. He sounds like he thinks he is the law.

wrightme

imported post

Aran wrote:

With age comes wisdom. Those who seek it soonest will be around long enough to acquire more.

One part of wisdom is learning how to actually introduce a point into discussion, as opposed to simply attempting to insult others who do not agree with you. In this case, you seem to have difficulty articulating your dislike for SFN and her position on open carry. You seem to have a similar difficulty articulating your preference for sheriff deleo.

I read the pdf of the reinstatement hearing. The Sheriff was waffling his @$$ off. He wouldn't allow himself to be actually pinned down in a court of law on any real specifics of the case. The Judge likewise did not use the power of the court to force the Sheriff to answer legitimate questions. SFN provided accurate answers to the questions asked of her.

Do you mean you prefer the deceitful sheriff to the honest SFN?

The Judge surely ruled according to the law. He also clearly preferred to not rule according to the law. The Sheriff clearly preferred to not administer the law as written. Is that what you prefer? Most people I know actually want the LE and Courts to uphold the law as written. In this case, the Sheriff did not do so, and the Judge barely did so. Is that how you wish it to work?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TFred wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
Aran wrote:
Maybe her kid scored on him in a soccer game. :p

TFred
lol at least it's a theory. :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

marshaul wrote:
TFred wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
Aran wrote:
SFN scores on him everytime he takes the field. Of course it is kind of an empty net shot. :p

Yata hey

Deanimator

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
marshaul wrote:
TFred wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
Aran wrote:
SFN scores on him everytime he takes the field. Of course it is kind of an empty net shot. :p

Yata hey
The incredible misogyny that comes through in his posts makes you wonder if he's typing them in a cave in the Tribal Territories of Pakistan.

Aran

Banned
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
marshaul wrote:
TFred wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
Aran wrote:

Yata hey
The incredible misogyny that comes through in his posts makes you wonder if he's typing them in a cave in the Tribal Territories of Pakistan.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it does.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Aran wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Misogyny was probably a Freudian slip. Misology fits you better, you think?

Best quote of the day per above from Aran, "I do not think." Out of the mouths of babes.

Yata hey

Deanimator

imported post

Aran wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
marshaul wrote:
TFred wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
Aran wrote:

Yata hey
You really hate it when a woman like her stands up to you, don't you Iran?

Aran

Banned
imported post

Deanimator wrote:
Aran wrote:
Deanimator wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
marshaul wrote:
TFred wrote:
DKSuddeth wrote:
Aran wrote:

Yata hey
You really hate it when a woman like her stands up to you, don't you Iran?
It's funny, usually I get people trying to insult me by calling me a feminist. Just because I don't automatically put anything with tits and a vagina up on a pedestal doesn't mean I'm a misogynist.