• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show 12/27 and 12/28 in Fishersville

Goliath

imported post

I went to the gun show at Augusta Expo today. Lots of vendors and it was PACKED with shoppers. There were not a whole lot of bargains to be had. I did pick u a new .410 double barrel and a .38 double barrel derringer. I will go back tomorrow with a friend and his son.

The most important purchase was VCDL membership. After all my time of saying I was going to join, I did it. I was number 6 for the day.

Hope to see you guys there tomorrow.

Goliath

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Goliath wrote:

The most important purchase was VCDL membership.

Good job, now make it to Lobby Day at the General Assembly. Car pool if you have to. Just show up and tell everyone you know to do the same.

Goliath

imported post

I am planning to make lobby day. If anyone in the Charlottesville are want to ride together, let me know. I also have a handicap placard, so we can get better parking!

Goliath

ainfantry7

imported post

Anyone ever been to the one in Fishersville? I'm in Roanoke, so it'll be an all day trip for me...Would it be worth it? Can anyone compair it to the one in ROA?

Goliath

imported post

ainfantry7 wrote:
Anyone ever been to the one in Fishersville? I'm in Roanoke, so it'll be an all day trip for me...Would it be worth it? Can anyone compair it to the one in ROA?

I went today. There were lots of sellers and lots of shoppers. I have never been to the one in Roanoke, so can't compare.

Goliath

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Goliath wrote:
ainfantry7 wrote:

I went today. There were lots of sellers and lots of shoppers. I have never been to the one in Roanoke, so can't compare.

Goliath
I went one time and picked up a few very good buys. It was snowing though and very few buyers.

Goliath

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Goliath wrote:
ainfantry7 wrote:

Goliath
I went one time and picked up a few very good buys. It was snowing though and very few buyers.

The aisles were so packed today that you almost needed a cattle prod to get through when I first got there. Around 2:00 it had thinned out some.

Goliath

edited for spelling