• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some St.L Area OC City Laws

tjgmba

imported post

I'm fairly new on this site. I'm CC licensed and I find this OC concept fascinating, both from practical and legal standpoints. I've noticed in many posts that there is some uncertainty about what cities have what preemption ordinances concerning OC.

I've got an Excel ss built with the info in it. I can't attach it because it's not allowed. I'll email it to anyone who wants it. In the meantime, I did attach it as a Word doc. It gives links to 20 or so city ordinances on the subject of weapons. I can't find any terminology in any of them that specifically denies the right to OC. In the OC column I have entered "Yes" in almost all the entries. But I have to advise you folks to dig deeper than I did. If you find something in the ordinances that disputes my entry, please let us know.

Frankly, it's a bit interesting that the terminology of many of these ordinances are identical. They use a few services that compile verbatim.

I live in Dardenne Prairie (just West of Chesterfield valley and East of Winghaven), so I did searches on the cities up the 40 corridor heading East and into my offices in Kirkwood.

I have no problem with anyone adding to the spreadsheet via posts. I'll add data as I'm given it and then repost as we go along.

lancers

imported post

Here is a forum that I posted responses from local police chiefs about their cities open carry policy.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum33/16330.html

I noticed you have a few marked differently than I do. Webster Groves is a big one. That is definitely not a city you want to open carry in unless you want the matching bracelets.

With St. Louis County, no law against open carry, but they apply the getting permission from property owners to those that open carry.

Steelviper

imported post

lancers wrote:
Here is a forum that I posted responses from local police chiefs about their cities open carry policy.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum33/16330.html

That's great work! One of the big deterrents of OC in MO is the unknown status of all the patchwork. It'd be great to document as many cities as possible. I suspect there'd be more places that would refuse to provide a definite answer, though I suppose in place of a letter from the sheriff/solicitor one could just post a picture of somebody OCing in front of the Sheriff's station with a LEO somewhere in the frame (preferably NOT arresting the OCing person).