• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MY NEW YARD SIGN

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You know that if you are home, and they are being robbed and did nothing they would still cry about why you did nothing.
:banghead:

That is when you explain that you had no desire to push your beliefs on them...

But in truth, you know that you would help them if they needed because regardless of what they think, you are a decent person.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Theseus wrote:
But in truth, you know that you would help them if they needed because regardless of what they think, you are a decent person.
I don't think it has anything to do with being a decent person. Whether my neighbor is pro- or anti-gun, I'm not running blindly into a situation like that. I think you recently said in another thread that leaving your home is tactically disadvantageous. I think you were right.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I do believe that in most situations staying in your home is wise if there is a potential threat outside, but when you introduce another element like that of a neighbor being attacked and robbed in their home next door instead of a possible attacker trying to gain entry to your home the situation may demand an alternative response.

I might not typically go guns blazing, but I can't either cower in my home and let them be victimised.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Theseus wrote:
I might not typically go guns blazing, but I can't either cower in my home and let them be victimised.
I would do what all gun-grabbers tell you to do: call 9-1-1. If they survive the home invasion, I would offer to take them down to the gun shop and help them pick out a gun.

Beyond that, I would probably have to chuckle at the karma. I don't imagine I would have any sympathy for them.