Thread: tactical leg holster?

Post imported post

anyone OC using a Tactical Leg Holster? Such as the Blackhawk Y Support Leg Holster for Serpa's?

I have never been much of a fan having it at my waist, but rather lower on my leg. think that would cause more problem then if it were at belt level?

Post imported post

Just try to get one that doesn't strap down. The strap down kind will hurt your leg if you walk around much. Running would especially suck. I use a drop down cavalry style holster in the winter time. Works great, although it isn't as secure as I'd like.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I was just looking at these myself tonight. I too am interested in more info on these in the real world.

Post imported post

If by real world you mean military use, I've met a Marine and an Army Ranger who used them in training and said they hurt their legs real bad from the strap sagging and dragging, so they ditched them. This mirrors my experiences trying to use one to go hunting.

So like I said, avoid the strap down kind. :?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

well, i actually have one. i used it for the first time at the range for a self defense concealed course we do out there (even though on the leg like that it wasn;t able to be concealed), i loved it. after walking aroung with it for a while, i got use to the strapdowns.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

It's more visible therefore logic would dictate that more people will notice it bringing the potential formore attention, good and bad.