• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

tactical leg holster?

viperar15

imported post

anyone OC using a Tactical Leg Holster? Such as the Blackhawk Y Support Leg Holster for Serpa's?

I have never been much of a fan having it at my waist, but rather lower on my leg. think that would cause more problem then if it were at belt level?

Michigander

imported post

Just try to get one that doesn't strap down. The strap down kind will hurt your leg if you walk around much. Running would especially suck. I use a drop down cavalry style holster in the winter time. Works great, although it isn't as secure as I'd like.

Michigander

imported post

If by real world you mean military use, I've met a Marine and an Army Ranger who used them in training and said they hurt their legs real bad from the strap sagging and dragging, so they ditched them. This mirrors my experiences trying to use one to go hunting.

So like I said, avoid the strap down kind. :?

viperar15

imported post

well, i actually have one. i used it for the first time at the range for a self defense concealed course we do out there (even though on the leg like that it wasn;t able to be concealed), i loved it. after walking aroung with it for a while, i got use to the strapdowns.