Thread: New Holster, Cowboy style, need new pistol to fit it

Post imported post

Daughter bought me a beautiful tooled leather holster for Christmas, now of course my Ruger 44 Redhawk 4 5/8" barrel doesn't ride in it. I'm torn between getting a Ruger Blackhawk in 44 mag or getting a 45 long colt pistol which of course means another caliber of ammunition I'll have to stock up on,,decisions, decisions... HELP!!
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Personally I like the .45LC and think that everyone ought to have one if for nothing else just to have a "Colt 45", but If I already had a .44 and NOT a .45, I think I would lean towards another .44 for ease of stock issues....
    Good Luck with your decision and pictures are a must!

Post imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
    Daughter bought me a beautiful tooled leather holster for Christmas, now of course my Ruger 44 Redhawk 4 5/8" barrel doesn't ride in it. I'm torn between getting a Ruger Blackhawk in 44 mag or getting a 45 long colt pistol which of course means another caliber of ammunition I'll have to stock up on,,decisions, decisions... HELP!!
    How simple can the answer be? One of each, timeshare the holster..

Post imported post

One of each, why not? You never know when aesthetics will come into play and one sidearm will fit an outfit, or situation, better than the other.

Well, that and the 45LC is a fun caliber.
    I aim to misbehave

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I wish I could buy a gun just because someone got me a holster... I'd be asking for holsters of all shapes and sizes every holiday!

Post imported post

Just look at how well you'd be stimulating the economy, one purchase at a time.
    I aim to misbehave