• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to board

Creaxe

imported post

Hello new to this whole OC thing, i was actually searching how to get my CPL, and found that you can legaly OC in washington, but with some problems here and there, so i've been sitting here reading everything i can find for the past 5 hours. lol.

But my question is, anyone live in vancouver that OC's just fine, or is there a lot of problems? does the clark county sherriffs department and VCPD understand that it's ok?

Thanks for taking the time to answer hope to hear from you all.

Rob

sailor628

imported post

Welcome Creaxe! I OC in the Vancouver area, have been doing so for about a year and never had any confrontations. I have had a couple people ask if I was a cop and had the chance to tell them about OC. The worst I've had is a dirty look from an older woman. Granted, there have been some problems around here but I have yet to personally experience any bad encounters. I hope my story can encourage you to join us in OC'ing.

Creaxe

imported post

Oh yeah, i stayed up and read this much stuff for like 5 hours, yeah i'm ocing... lol i havn't picked up my CPL yet but i will do so just so i can drive with it loaded.

thanks for your answers, i'll definetly let you all know if something happands.:celebrate

Creaxe

imported post

One more thing i'm confused about, sorry if i missed a post, i'm only up to page #14 on the washington threads.

Carrying in restarunts and liqour.. confused on the whole liqour thing. like.. can i OC to a restarunt that serves alcohol, as long as it isn't the bar or something like that?

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Creaxe wrote:
One more thing i'm confused about, sorry if i missed a post, i'm only up to page #14 on the washington threads.

Carrying in restarunts and liqour.. confused on the whole liqour thing. like.. can i OC to a restarunt that serves alcohol, as long as it isn't the bar or something like that?
I think the general rule of thumb is, "If children are allowed, so are you."

As you said, you can't go into those portions of an establishment off limits to those under 21 years of age while carrying OC or CC.

ETA: I know I'm supposed to cite this, but a quick forum search will yield results for Washington.

dt

imported post

Welcome to the board!

I'm also in your neck of the woods. I live in Battle Ground, work in Vancouver. There are at least a few others from the local area on OCDO. You're unlikely to see me out OC'ing much (personal preference), but I check this board every day and have put in my share of time corresponding with local law enforcement, etc.

One of these days we'll have an OC lunch that I can attend, and perhaps meet you FTF.