Thread: New guy in Traverse City

Traverse City and Southgate, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Hello,

I am new here, i have been lurking around and seen some very good info here.
    I am also a member of Michigan Gun Owners.com and actively post over there.

I just purchased a HK USPc .40 (NO operator jokes I bought it because i am good with it and i was helping out a buddy who needed cash.) I am interested in open carry and CC. I will be taking the cpl course in a few weeks, But until then i plan on OCing every
    ware.

Has any one had any problems in Traverse city? I am a college student attending GLMA and was wondering how many other people OC in this part of MI?

Post imported post

I don't know how many folks OC there regularly, but I don't believe there's been any trouble there. Here is a link to a thread about the Traverse City meeting that happened not too long ago.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/18498-1.html
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO, Dono. There have been quite a few positive reports about Traverse City OC. Please keep us informed of your own experiences as you enter the realm of OC.

I would suggest contacting discerningshootist. His shop happens to provide CPL instruction. I'm sure he would appreciate an impartial review of his class in regard to how they address OC in the legal portion of the class. I am trying to promote reviews of CPL instructors on the forum since the CPL enhances our OC opportunities.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Dono wrote:
    Hello,

I am new here, i have been lurking around and seen some very good info here.
    I am also a member of Michigan Gun Owners.com and actively post over there.

I just purchased a HK USPc .40 (NO operator jokes I bought it because i am good with it and i was helping out a buddy who needed cash.) I am interested in open carry and CC. I will be taking the cpl course in a few weeks, But until then i plan on OCing every
    ware.

Has any one had any problems in Traverse city? I am a college student attending GLMA and was wondering how many other people OC in this part of MI?
    I'm OCing in TC right now. I'm at Biggby's. I OCed in the TC government building today and handed a letter to the assistant to the City Manager about there illegal ordinance on weapons in city parks. No problems. TC is aware of the growing OC movement, some in LE are not happy about it but they know it's legal.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Haven't been to TC much, but just want to say welcome.

Post imported post

OC in Traverse City is difficult right now only because of the weather.

Welcome to the forum. GLMA class of '83.

Post imported post

Hi and Welcome .

Post imported post

WIth our ranks growing here in TC, perhaps we should all do lunch?

Post imported post

Nice to see another in Traverse City who OC's, Personally as mentioned in an earlier post I've had one incident but other than that I've never heard of any of my friends, family, coworker who OC having had any difficulties. BTW discerningshootist I drive past your shop everyday and I've been curious although quite short on time.. What exactly do you do? is your shop a gun shop?

Post imported post

discerningshootist wrote:
    WIth our ranks growing here in TC, perhaps we should all do lunch?
    Doesn't sound like a bad idea

Post imported post

UnSeen UnKnown wrote:
    Nice to see another in Traverse City who OC's, Personally as mentioned in an earlier post I've had one incident but other than that I've never heard of any of my friends, family, coworker who OC having had any difficulties. BTW discerningshootist I drive past your shop everyday and I've been curious although quite short on time.. What exactly do you do? is your shop a gun shop?
    I am a 'Concealed Carry Boutique" for the ,lack of a better descriptor, however I am into OC. I am not an FFL dealer, yet. Come on in, and we'll talk shop, local politics, and set up an event.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

discerningshootist wrote:
    UnSeen UnKnown wrote:
    I am a 'Concealed Carry Boutique" for the ,lack of a better descriptor, however I am into OC. I am not an FFL dealer, yet. Come on in, and we'll talk shop, local politics, and set up an event.
    You two should do something, but keep in mind I want to organize a fairly large event in June at the park next to the Holiday Inn. Also Scott you wanted to maybe do an informational talk at the Library. Depending on my schedule that would work too.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Sounds good perhaps I'll stop in tomorrow I work just down the road on parson's so it's close for a good place to kill time while I wait for the school to get out in the afternoon.