• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy in Traverse City

Dono

Traverse City and Southgate, Michigan, USA
imported post

Hello,

I am new here, i have been lurking around and seen some very good info here.
I am also a member of Michigan Gun Owners.com and actively post over there.

I just purchased a HK USPc .40 (NO operator jokes I bought it because i am good with it and i was helping out a buddy who needed cash.) I am interested in open carry and CC. I will be taking the cpl course in a few weeks, But until then i plan on OCing every
ware.

Has any one had any problems in Traverse city? I am a college student attending GLMA and was wondering how many other people OC in this part of MI?

Hcidem

imported post

Welcome to OCDO, Dono. There have been quite a few positive reports about Traverse City OC. Please keep us informed of your own experiences as you enter the realm of OC.

I would suggest contacting discerningshootist. His shop happens to provide CPL instruction. I'm sure he would appreciate an impartial review of his class in regard to how they address OC in the legal portion of the class. I am trying to promote reviews of CPL instructors on the forum since the CPL enhances our OC opportunities.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Dono wrote:
Hello,

I am new here, i have been lurking around and seen some very good info here.
I am also a member of Michigan Gun Owners.com and actively post over there.

I just purchased a HK USPc .40 (NO operator jokes I bought it because i am good with it and i was helping out a buddy who needed cash.) I am interested in open carry and CC. I will be taking the cpl course in a few weeks, But until then i plan on OCing every
ware.

Has any one had any problems in Traverse city? I am a college student attending GLMA and was wondering how many other people OC in this part of MI?
I'm OCing in TC right now. I'm at Biggby's. I OCed in the TC government building today and handed a letter to the assistant to the City Manager about there illegal ordinance on weapons in city parks. No problems. TC is aware of the growing OC movement, some in LE are not happy about it but they know it's legal.

UnSeen UnKnown

imported post

Nice to see another in Traverse City who OC's, Personally as mentioned in an earlier post I've had one incident but other than that I've never heard of any of my friends, family, coworker who OC having had any difficulties. BTW discerningshootist I drive past your shop everyday and I've been curious although quite short on time.. What exactly do you do? is your shop a gun shop?

discerningshootist

imported post

UnSeen UnKnown wrote:
Nice to see another in Traverse City who OC's, Personally as mentioned in an earlier post I've had one incident but other than that I've never heard of any of my friends, family, coworker who OC having had any difficulties. BTW discerningshootist I drive past your shop everyday and I've been curious although quite short on time.. What exactly do you do? is your shop a gun shop?
I am a 'Concealed Carry Boutique" for the ,lack of a better descriptor, however I am into OC. I am not an FFL dealer, yet. Come on in, and we'll talk shop, local politics, and set up an event.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

discerningshootist wrote:
UnSeen UnKnown wrote:
I am a 'Concealed Carry Boutique" for the ,lack of a better descriptor, however I am into OC. I am not an FFL dealer, yet. Come on in, and we'll talk shop, local politics, and set up an event.
You two should do something, but keep in mind I want to organize a fairly large event in June at the park next to the Holiday Inn. Also Scott you wanted to maybe do an informational talk at the Library. Depending on my schedule that would work too.