• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Think of the Chillllllllllllllldren...

Alexcabbie

imported post

This is serious business, Jizz. And thank you for your service to our country; and if you are "only:" the dependent of a service member it still applies. "They also serve who only stand and wait".

Pardon me please for a rather diminished sense of humor. But this thread is addressing the most subtile means of attack employed by the domestic enemy. When I am facing down evil, I rarely if ever make light jests.

Jizzzle

imported post

i understand and ya i'm active duty. i appreciate it. its fine to be mad, but i wouldn't waste it on people who chose to use sarcasm to lighten the mood.

Alexcabbie

imported post

6L6GC wrote:
When we were hosting a weekend party in our home one lady snootily asked how I could justify carrying a gun and having a gun in my house when there were children there. It was clear by her tone of voice and rather unconcealed contempt that she intended to embarrass me in front of our other guests. She finished her leftist rant by saying "WE don't allow guns in our home".

Please yourself, I retorted, but I keep a gun in my house while children are here because I believe my children are worth defending.

Her face turned beet red when she heard my answer and the attendant chuckles of some of the by standers. She literally stomped into the kitchen and grabbed her limp wristed, pantywaist hubby and scooped up their "little princess" from the den and stormed out the door without even pausing long enough to put on their coats. Her sissy hubby didn't know what was going on but uttered not a peep. Sad really.
How on Earth did that woman get invited to your house party?? Anyone who visits me knows damned well that I always have a loaded firearm handy. I recently held a soiree and one invitee said he would come if I promised to keep myn arms "locked up and disassembled" I asked him just who the f&*k he thought he was. We have not spoken since, and I thank the Lord my God for it.

Jizzzle

imported post

did that guy think that the gun was just gonna jump up and kill him by itself? lol. if someone wanted to get at a gun in your house, it wouldn't matter if they where locked up and dissassembled. they would get thier hands on a gun. or better yet. did they ask if your kitchen knives would be dissassembled and locked up too? what about anything heavy that might be used to knock someone out? um, what about cleaning products that could make you sick or kill you.. or.. and the list goes on and on and on... your former friend was a complete idiota.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Speaking of kitchen knives........

A few years ago I got caught up in the cheap properties available in Baltimore, Maryland and signed an "equity rental" deal with a dude who had a house for rent in a neighborhood called "butcher's hill".

About a week later, a young teenager knocked at ny door and said his car had broken down and he needed to call a tow service, I let him use my phone and what he did not know was that I had a .38 on me. I left him to the phone in the kitchen and went about straightening up, and presently he asked me if I could give him a ride to the West Side, but when we had left the house he produced a butcher knife he had gotten from my utility drawer and demanded my money and car keys.

I instead produced myfirearm and he sneered: "wazzat?? a cigarette lighter??" and I fired two shots into the pavement. He fled, and I kid you not he crapped his pants.

The next morning I loaded up as much stuff as my car could carry and rented a motel room, and the next day came back for the rest of my stuff. I Fed-Exed the keys to the landlorsd alomng with a note that I would just as soon not live where I might have to kill in self-defense.

When I go to the range I use normal targets to "sight in"; but I use silhouette targets to tune my gun-fighting skills. As God is my witness I NEVER want to take a human life. But faced with a knife-wielding robber, I believe I may have been a bit too charitable in firing shots at his feet rather than his torso. However we are talking the PRC of Maryland here; and this incedent is but one of many that reassures me that settling in the Commnwealth of Virginia was the right move.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
...folks who are pushing to call two people of the same sex a "marriage"; and in part justify this because of "overpopulation".
I really think you need to clarify your understanding of this matter. You're ranting and it sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. And I mean this as kindly advice.
Marsh, I do not want to bring this up again.  But you do know who I am???  I know these people and what their agenda is,  they hate me and think I am a traitor to "the movement" but in fact I have been opposed to it from the beginning.
But you see, that's exactly what I'm talking about. There is no "movement". There is a vocal minority who would like to pretend there is a "movement", as with any political group, but the vast majority of participants in the "movement" are ordinary people who want to achieve equality before the law.

Are there participants in this group with an "agenda"? Sure. But you're feeding their power by "opposing the movement". As long as gay couples don't have equality before the law with regards to "marriage" privileges at a Federal level, the movement will be swelled with gays who are afraid of being cut out should their partner end up in a hospital. If they had this equality (which they don't), the "movement" would dry up as the majority of these ordinary people went back to their lives. Those with an "agenda" beyond equality have their power enhanced by the presence of so many equality-seeking folks in the so-called "movement".

There is no "gay agenda" except that which your mentality (not trying to lay the blame on you personally) fosters.

I oppose the "gay agenda" as much as the next guy. This is why we must be fair and support equality before the law, so that we may best oppose attempts to abuse governmental authority.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Aw damn it Marshaul. Two dudes taking vows to be sexually faithful to each other is SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK!!! This whole "gay marriage"bullcrap is part and parcel of a Leftist agenda to destroy this nation. Hells bells, most straight guys have at least a bit of trouble being completely faithful to their women.

The agenda of the Left is to teach boys to be girls and teach girls they do not need boys. It is part and parcel of the Wussification of America and it is no joke. Remember when our now- Prez-Elect went to Germany and basically promised to clip our wings???

You gotta know that I am not advocating lynching homos, because I would be in line for a noose myself. But there is something sinister, something evil about this and I think you can sense it too. A nation populated by old childless same-sex couples will soon fall. Oh hell. The whole business makes me want to vomit. Drop it, okay??

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Aw damn it Marshaul.   Two dudes taking vows to be sexually faithful to each other is SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK!!! 
Well, it's not my cup of tea. But so what?

Just because you are gay and you personally don't wish to marry another guy doesn't mean that there aren't some gays who do, and it doesn't make them "sick".

Simply put, these people are engaging in "monogamous" relationships whether you personally find it appealing or not. The Federal (and most state) government is unfairly treating them as if such a relationship is impossible. Thus when two gays build a life together and one dies, the good-for-nothing family of the deceased will so often take the entire home and all the property, after having disowned the son until he so conveniently died.

If the religious concept of "marriage" has become muddled in the goal of achieving legal equality it's because the government chooses to license marriage (which is a religious function) and grant special privileges with the license. This doesn't make it fair to grant or deny legal privileges to couples dependent solely on the sex of the individuals.

At any rate, enough off-topic. If you want to continue this we should probably do it in PM.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
The agenda of the Left is to teach boys to be girls and teach girls they do not need boys.  It is part and parcel of the Wussification of America and it is no joke.
Right, and as long as the desire of gays to achieve equality before government is equated completely with the actually totally unrelated "agenda of the left" you describe, gays will swell the ranks of those with this leftist agenda.

As you know, homosexuality does not equate to leftism. But there's a reason so many gays are driven to the left.

It's best to keep separate issues distinct. Thus can you most effectively direct your criticism and maintain your objectivity. Instead of the sweeping "agenda of the left", oppose those specific elements which are most open to criticism. You're free to disagree of course, but in my own opinion there are a very few issues where the left actually is correct, and as someone who generally opposes the modern political "left" it behooves me to be able to be right on all issues, whatever their partisan orientation. ;)

Edit: oops I meant to send that in a PM. Oh well, I guess its too late now.

6L6GC

imported post

it's a long story, short version: my wife and I had a few people with whom we work over to the house for "snacks and refreshments". A few from my work place and a few from her's.

The lady in question is a good co-worker. My wife is the office manager and said this lady never calls in sick, is always on time, is a hard worker, etc. And they have worked together for years. Plus, she has a girl my grandson's age (3 at the time). So our grandson would have a playmate while the adults made pointless small talk. So....she and hubby made the short list.

Surprisingly enough, the wife said that there was never so much as a mention of the sorted affair when they got to work and the lady acted as though the whole thing never happened.

They've never been back and we've never missed having them over. Everybody that knows me, know that I carry a gun (almost all the time). If they have a problem with that, they just usually make other friends. I am what I am, it's a package deal. Take it or leave it.

tcfla

Panama City Beach, FL /Home from Afghanistan
imported post

(Quote) "Marsh, I do not want to bring this up again. But you do know who I am??? I know these people and what their agenda is, they hate me and think I am a traitor to "the movement" but in fact I have been opposed to it from the beginning."

"ALEXCABBIE" If I may, IMHO, you seem so full of self-importance. Just my impression. You say “do you know who I am?’ May I ask who are you? Everyone here has or may have an opinion but it seems that you feel yours is the only right one without considering the others. I am not trying to start anything, but ego can get in the way of an open debate.

lildobe

Pittsburgh (Beechview), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Aw damn it Marshaul. Two dudes taking vows to be sexually faithful to each other is SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK!!! This whole "gay marriage"bullcrap is part and parcel of a Leftist agenda to destroy this nation. Hells bells, most straight guys have at least a bit of trouble being completely faithful to their women.

You sound just like an Anti-gunner ranting about the evils of firearms, you know that?

Who the HELL are you to sanctimoniously tell me who I can and cannot love? And how the HELL do you know that a gay man can't be as faithful to his lover as any straight man?

It's people like YOU, sir, who's bigoted and hateful attitudes are scaring thousands of young gay people who are just now getting up the courage to show themselves, only to be smacked down by people like you spewing HATE towards them. It's no wonder that young gay people have higher rates of suicide and depression with people like you around.

I stand here unflinchingly fighting for YOUR rights as a gun owner, yet you would call me "sick" and a "leftist" who wants to "destroy the nation" just because I love another man rather then a woman??

You say you are sickened by Gays who just want to be left alone and given the equal rights and protections under the law as straight people... Well I'm sickened by people like you who see us as nothing more then deviants who are out to "get" you.

Hcidem

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
I recently held a soiree and one invitee said he would come if I promised to keep myn arms "locked up and disassembled" I asked him just who the f&*k he thought he was. We have not spoken since, and I thank the Lord my God for it.
I really try hard to avoid foul language. I don't always succeed, but I genuinely try. I expect many people do.

However, I typically lose my restraint when I encounter such a vile request as this. What would this type of guy want next, the title to my car? I would gladly accept an open admission of why an invited guest would not attend, but I could not bear a suggestion on how I operate my household.

Hcidem

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Now, tell me again who's doing the rights violating.
The final violation of rights takes place when opportunist politicians play these groups against each other to pass more restrictions on our natural rights. Its infuriating to hear the lip-service paid to our founding fathers by such politicos as they continue to undermine the foundations of limited government.

sraacke

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Speaking of kitchen knives........

A few years ago I got caught up in the cheap properties available in Baltimore, Maryland and signed an "equity rental" deal with a dude who had a house for rent in a neighborhood called "butcher's hill".
You actually rented a place in a neighborhood called Butcher's Hill? Did you think it was an old meat packing site?
About a week later, a young teenager knocked at ny door and said his car had broken down and he needed to call a tow service, I let him use my phone and what he did not know was that I had a .38 on me. I left him to the phone in the kitchen and went about straightening up,
Wait a minute. You are defensively minded enough to keep a weapon on you while at home but then you open up your home to strangers to come in and case the place? Are you kidding us?
and presently he asked me if I could give him a ride to the West Side,
And you agreed to take a total stranger across town? Dude, you gave him a phone. Let him call a fracking cab.
but when we had left the house he produced a butcher knife he had gotten from my utility drawer and demanded my money and car keys.
Wow. Big suprise there. <-sarcasm. Who here didn't see that coming a mile away?
I instead produced myfirearm and he sneered: "wazzat?? a cigarette lighter??" and I fired two shots into the pavement.
What the Frack?!? How did the pavement get involved? What did it ever do to you? Did you fall off your tricycle as a kid and skin up your elbow on the pavement and this was finally your chance to get some pay back? Leave the pavement the heck alone. Or were you just that bad of a shot that teh pavement was the only thing you hit? If so then maybe it's time for you to get back to the firing range. How faraway were you fromthe kid? Did you flinch or something because I'm hoping here that you aren't really stupid enough tofire anywhere but center mass.
He fled, and I kid you not he crapped his pants.
Good thing he didn't bury that knife in your chest. You already proved that you weren't willing to shoot him. Why don't you just carry a rape whistle and sell the .38 at the next buy back.
The next morning I loaded up as much stuff as my car could carry and rented a motel room, and the next day came back for the rest of my stuff. I Fed-Exed the keys to the landlorsd alomng with a note that I would just as soon not live where I might have to kill in self-defense.
Well, let's see. You answer your door to stangers, invite them inside, let them hang out making calls on your phone while you do your house chores. You don't keep and eye on them and they lift a knife from your kitchen after he rummaged around in the drawers for a while. Now that the little punk has a weapon of opportunity you are offering to drive hime around in your car. Yet somehow it's the landlords or the neighborhoods fault that you may have to kill someone? Dude, you practially did everything but take the knife and stab yourself. And you still didn't kill anyone.You just shot up the poor defensless pavement.
When I go to the range I use normal targets to "sight in"; but I use silhouette targets to tune my gun-fighting skills.
So you DO go to the range but you don't use silhouette targets? What do you use? Pieces of concrete, grass and dirt to simulate the ground you are going to shoot up?
As God is my witness I NEVER want to take a human life.
Nor do most of us. That's why we lock our doors, don't let strangers inside to rummage around and then let them into our cars.
But faced with a knife-wielding robber, I believe I may have been a bit too charitable in firing shots at his feet rather than his torso.
So you weren't shooting at the pavement but his feet? What the heck? And you still missed both of them? You didn't even blow off one of his toes? At least tell us that you said some manly cliche like "Dance for me" while you were blasting away at his little piggies.
However we are talking the PRC of Maryland here; and this incedent is but one of many that reassures me that settling in the Commnwealth of Virginia was the right move.
Congrats on finding a new home. May I drop by and use your phone? Oh and I may need a ride across town after I make my call. If that's Ok with you, sir.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Number one, this was years ago and I had never lived right downtown before. Number two, the kid looked nice enough and maybe a little scared to be in the neighborhood.

Number three, this was Maryland. I did not want a corpse on my hands if I could help it. Especially since I had NO Maryland permits of any kind. For some god-only-knows reason the cops did not come knocking on my door about the gunshots, and that is not the least of this incident in which bI was extremely fortunate. I used up so much luck that night that I dont even bother with the lotto anymore.

Number four, I soon recovered my horse sense and got the HELL out of there. That place was the West side of Dayton Ohio, except with white people. I just made the mistake of thinking I was still in the burbs. It was frightening to realize what a no-win situation I had put myself into, and had it played out on the streets of Alexandria there would have been one badly injured or dead young man at the end of it unless he took the opportunity to run like hell before I pulled the trigger.

See the hoods in Maryland don't EXPECT anyone will be armed. Things like this are less likely in Virginia because it is widely known that citizens here do carry both openly and concealed.

Baltimore is nice or at least parts of it are, but I nowadays restrict my visits to Fells Point and a bowl of Bertha's mussels. They really are as delish as they say.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Number one, this was years ago and I had never lived right downtown before. Number two, the kid looked nice enough and maybe a little scared to be in the neighborhood.

Number three, this was Maryland. I did not want a corpse on my hands if I could help it. Especially since I had NO Maryland permits of any kind. For some god-only-knows reason the cops did not come knocking on my door about the gunshots, and that is not the least of this incident in which bI was extremely fortunate. I used up so much luck that night that I dont even bother with the lotto anymore.

Number four, I soon recovered my horse sense and got the HELL out of there. That place was the West side of Dayton Ohio, except with white people. I just made the mistake of thinking I was still in the burbs. It was frightening to realize what a no-win situation I had put myself into, and had it played out on the streets of Alexandria there would have been one badly injured or dead young man at the end of it unless he took the opportunity to run like hell before I pulled the trigger.

See the hoods in Maryland don't EXPECT anyone will be armed. Things like this are less likely in Virginia because it is widely known that citizens here do carry both openly and concealed.

Baltimore is nice or at least parts of it are, but I nowadays restrict my visits to Fells Point and a bowl of Bertha's mussels. They really are as delish as they say.

We see a similar difference between the suburban/urban environment and rural areas. Most folks out in the rural areas have at least one firearm in the home where as that is not the case in the urban areas. Not to mention that many of us have mean ass dogs that don't take kindly to tresspassers invading their territory. Yeah, we still have crime out in the country, but it isn't as often as in the city.

I love living out in the sticks. :D

Jizzzle

imported post

are we done picking apart every word he uses yet? It's getting old. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, educated or not, ignorant or not. If you are gay you're gay. Enjoy your life. If you are not then you're not. Enjoy your life. This doesn't appear to be an anti or pro gay website. And i'msure that there are other forums for thatdiscussion somewhere.This is a pro open carry website.Think of the childeren for christ sake.

:cuss: