• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Think of the Chillllllllllllllldren...

Phssthpok

imported post

My question is: What exactly is so special about children?Just what exactly makes children a special segment of society to these anti's OCers?

It seems that many of the objections heard boil down to "What are you THINKING?? There's CHILDREN here!!"

I just don't get it.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's just one of the liberals favorite propaganda arguments. It's also part of their indoctrination tactics of said children. They are teaching our children in the schools that guns are "bad" and "evil". By our exposing the children to the sight of LAC's carrying firearms in public without doing anything "Bad" or "evil" it undermines their indoctrination.

Can't be having that now can they?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
How many children have to die before people start carrying guns?

Ironically, at the Christmas party I attended, the topic of gun ownership came up with my brother. I asked my brother, "you planning to buy a gun before they become illegal?" He sheepishly replied, "no, I'll probably wait until I need one." I laughed and pointed out that most people won't hold off murdering you for 10 days so you can get a fair fight.

My brother is married and has a 5-yr-old and 1-yr-old. I'll be sending him this article.

The Second Amendment; do it for the children!

GumiBear

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It's all going according to plan;

1.The majority of folks in America are christians, so remove religion/morality from society, attack christian holidays and the display of historical christian items from public display on "state" property.

2. Wussify the American male, teach that hunting bambi and thumper is bad, also guns are only used by the bad guys unless you are an officer of the law or in the military. Afterall if you need protection the police are there for you and in the event of an invasion the military will protect your right to go to the mall and buy more video games andAmerican Idol will continue uninterrupted.

3. Remove guns from society, you don't need one only the police and military do. Get an alarm system for your home and carry a rape whistle. As soon as something happens the alarm company will call you then the police if needed and all is well, I know it works because I saw the commercials.

4. Media should only cover gun violence, never report guns actually saving people.

The sheeple are now in our control and will always look to us to run thier lives, power is such a wonderful thing

/sarcasm mode off

Just connecting the dots folks

Devils Advocate

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
My question is: What exactly is so special about children?Just what exactly makes children a special segment of society to these anti's OCers?

It seems that many of the objections heard boil down to "What are you THINKING?? There's CHILDREN here!!"

I just don't get it.
It is because it can reach so many people that actually have kids.

It is an excellent catch phrase that gives the appearance that guns hurt kids.

We all know that more kids drown in pools than are shot with a gun.

Guns do not kill people.

PEOPLE kill people.

Often times gun accidents are actually people being irresponsible.

Alexcabbie

imported post

It strikes me as very strange that these antis, who think that "children" are such a "Precious resource" are the very same folks who are pushing to call two people of the same sex a "marriage"; and in part justify this because of "overpopulation". Two dudes hookin up may be "fruitful" in one sense, but they cannot multiply (unless of course you mean making quiche for eight instead of four).

The "what about the Chidren?" idiots are the same folks who want "Abortion On Demand and Without Apology". THEY ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WANT BABIES WHO SURVIVE AN ABORTION ATTEMPT TO BE LEFT ON A STEEL TABLE IN A BROOM CLOSET TO EXPIRE!!!

These are the people who want to tax us so much that mommy and daddy have to work and turn their children over to PC education camps called "day-care".

Has anyone besides me noticed that these "save the children from the evil firearms" types are - how shall I say this - Well, I don't know myself. There is an evil afoot here, and it affects not only the RTKBA but also everything the RTKBA was meant to protect. The people who cry "protect the Children" often have no children of their own to protect, and worse, are determined to deprive actual parents of the means to actually protect their own chidren if it comes down to that. The first of their goals is to be in power. The second is to remain in power, and convincing all of us that no child will be safe without their intervention is a large part of their plan.

Flyer22

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:

I just don't get it.

I am one who believes that history goes in cycles. One answer to your question, although perhaps not a complete answer, is that that's simply the phase of society that we're in right now, where many things that are done (or not done) are done (or not done) in the name of "the children."

I highly recommend that people read The Fourth Turning, by Strauss and Howe.
http://www.fourthturning.com/index.html
http://www.fourthturning.com/html/fourth_turning.html

GumiBear

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Let us not forget the elderly and the animals. The antis', liberals or whatever name you attach to this mentality are not always unitied. There are different factions on every front. There are those that want to protect the children, or the elderly or the animals, basically anyone and anything that they feel can't protect themselves. I agree with Alexcabbiethere are those that want to protect the children from gun violence but are pro-choice it just doesn't add up to me personally. From what I'velearned ina different post in this forum is that the antis' project their own dislike of gunsonto the helpless, this way it validates their personal beliefs. That being said I have to say that the antis' hearts are in the right place, we all want to protect the innocent and help the helpless, no one wants see anyone else a victim of crime in whatever form it may take. Unfortunaltely to me the antis' think with their hearts but not with their heads.In the antis' mind take away all guns and the world would be a better place. If that were true then lets look at Britian no guns allowed, so crime is being committed by black market guns and knives, so now they are outlawingcertain knives of certain lengths. When does it stop? In a perfect world there would be no criminal intent. The antis' hearts are in the right place, but it is going after the wrong object. If we wanted to protect the children and the helpless, then we would ban cars, pools, etc.....But for some reason guns are on the top of the list. I can only ask why? Because the antis' are afraid of them? When they are on the bottom of the list for child deaths? I'm sorry for the long post, but I'm so aggrevated at society in general, where is my grandparents' America? Where are theAmericans that I saw on 9/12/01?

Glenn

Edit: PS to Alexcabbielets us not forget that responsible parents can no longer discipline their children any longer. I think of the punishment my parents gave to me when I was young. If anyone tried that now they go to jail. Spare the rod and spoil the child, we have lost this and our country is suffering because of it.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
...folks who are pushing to call two people of the same sex a "marriage"; and in part justify this because of "overpopulation".
I really think you need to clarify your understanding of this matter. You're ranting and it sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. And I mean this as kindly advice.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Quite right, Gummi. Many have been decieved by the evil agenda of the antis. I have known many a person who sports a "question authority" bumper sticker who nonetheless advocates unquestioned authority when it comes to firearms restrictions. One day these folk will behold the Beast they have sold themselves to, and realize that it is too late to do anything about it. Sad, but I - and rightly fear - say, true.

Alexcabbie

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
...folks who are pushing to call two people of the same sex a "marriage"; and in part justify this because of "overpopulation".
I really think you need to clarify your understanding of this matter. You're ranting and it sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. And I mean this as kindly advice.
Marsh, I do not want to bring this up again. But you do know who I am??? I know these people and what their agenda is, they hate me and think I am a traitor to "the movement" but in fact I have been opposed to it from the beginning.

Jizzzle

imported post

the childeren that they are protecting are annoying disrespectful spoiled brats. mostly because of the overprotection. you have to let kids fall on their face et and then pick themselves back up. not protect them from everything. childeren are in no way as fragile as people would lead us to believe. man i hate the media so fin much.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Yes, think of the children. Think of the grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, too. What kind of world will they grow up in when all the guns are gone, and there is no one to stop the government from becoming an oppressive, tyrannical totalitarian regime. Paranoid? Not hardly. History is replete with countless examples of exactly that result when citizens of a once free culture are stripped of the means to defend themselves. Please, think of the children.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
Yes, think of the children. Think of the grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, too. What kind of world will they grow up in when all the guns are gone, and there is no one to stop the government from becoming an oppressive, tyrannical totalitarian regime. Paranoid? Not hardly. History is replete with countless examples of exactly that result when citizens of a once free culture are stripped of the means to defend themselves. Please, think of the children.
You should call yourself "Slayer of Bullshit"; because you have done exactly that.

WARCHILD

imported post

"THINK OF THE CHILDREN".....That's just what I am doing when I carry. Considering in most all crime statistics.....children are any living bodies between the ages of..... 0-19!.... So yes, I am looking to protect myself from possible harm by the teenage (CHILDREN) wanna-be gang-bangers who may intend to do me or my family harm.

Alexcabbie

imported post

And what have you to contribute, Styles?? Any jerkoff can make a smart remark and puctuate it with a smirky emoticon. Are you not aware that we are on the cusp of losing the Republic?? Look at what the politicians are promising, and think aboutnthe fact that the Wicked Witch did not do Snow White in with a dish of poisoned sheep's eyeballs but a poisoned apple. The antis are no different, they cloak their poison in sweet flavors and odors, that folk such as yourself might eat thereof. "Poppies.......poppies will put them to sleep.......Poppies!.....Something with poison in it.......But attrqactive to the eye, and soothing to the smell...... Poppies.........

Styles??? STYLES!!! WAKE THE EFF UP!!!!!!

Jizzzle

imported post

wow relax cabbie. holy crap. it's a sad day when someone can't give someone else props for something funny/correct/moving that they said. Jeeez.

6L6GC

imported post

When we were hosting a weekend party in our home one lady snootily asked how I could justify carrying a gun and having a gun in my house when there were children there. It was clear by her tone of voice and rather unconcealed contempt that she intended to embarrass me in front of our other guests. She finished her leftist rant by saying "WE don't allow guns in our home".

Please yourself, I retorted, but I keep a gun in my house while children are here because I believe my children are worth defending.

Her face turned beet red when she heard my answer and the attendant chuckles of some of the by standers. She literally stomped into the kitchen and grabbed her limp wristed, pantywaist hubby and scooped up their "little princess" from the den and stormed out the door without even pausing long enough to put on their coats. Her sissy hubby didn't know what was going on but uttered not a peep. Sad really.