Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPEN CARRY

Post imported post

Post imported post

conservative85 wrote:
    Try this on for size I was thinking about buying a holster belt like the cowboys had with thetwo holster, and the slots for individual bullets.

whatcha think bout that! can u see it two pearl handled matched .45 revolverswith extra rounds all the way around your hip:celebrate

Or wait no a long gun w/sling resting on your shoulder...ah the long gun pry would not fly because of the no holster thingy. Oh well it was a good dream.
    Technically, I think the long gun is legal. At least, I've seen nothing in the laws restricting.

If your going to dream, why not do it right?

AR with chest rig holding six spare mags, for a total of 210 rounds.

Hows that get your banana dancing?

Post imported post

I love the look of revolver gun belts, and matching peacemakers sounds good to me!

I made a gun belt with two serpas, one left and one right. I carried matching Glocks one time, but decided it was too much. So now I keep two spare mags on the left side instead of a New York reload.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

To quote a most famous line...."Only a pimp in a ***** house wears pearl handles"...they are ivory. And in Mich....there is no law against carrying a long gun that I have been able to find, but keep in mind; I can guarantee you will go for a ride downtown.

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Michigan Game laws: Transporting Firearms and Bows and Arrows
    At all times rifles, shotguns, muzzleloading and other firearms and bows and arrows carried in or on any type of motor vehicle...,must be unloaded in both barrel and magazine, and enclosed in a case... Firearms must be unloaded in the barrel, and all arrows must be in a quiver when a hunter is afield outside the legal hunting hours.
    Have a nice ride. I cant see a CO or any other officer not giving you grief.springerdave.

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    At all times rifles, shotguns, muzzleloading and other firearms and bows and arrows carried in or on any type of motor vehicle...,must be unloaded in both barrel and magazine, and enclosed in a case... Firearms must be unloaded in the barrel, and all arrows must be in a quiver when a hunter is afield outside the legal hunting hours.
    Have a nice ride. I cant see a CO or any other officer not giving you grief.springerdave.

I've read through that blue book of firearms laws too many times to mention, and I don't recall any law prohibiting the carry of a long gun in public, either. I have had this conversation more than once with a co-worker of mine. The paragraph quoted above is a reference to Game Law, and I don't think it would apply outside a hunting area. Michigan law requires long guns to be unloaded and cased for transport in a vehicle, as we all know, but openly carrying.... If you have the money to fight that in court, you would PROBABLY win it, but is it really worth the money and hassle? A long gun slung over your shoulder would be much more noticeable than a holstered handgun, and would probably prompt a lot of MWAG calls, and you would definitely be hassled. Might be a bit much, and could be negative firearm publicity.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    springerdave wrote:

I've read through that blue book of firearms laws too many times to mention, and I don't recall any law prohibiting the carry of a long gun in public, either. I have had this conversation more than once with a co-worker of mine. The paragraph quoted above is a reference to Game Law, and I don't think it would apply outside a hunting area. Michigan law requires long guns to be unloaded and cased for transport in a vehicle, as we all know, but openly carrying.... If you have the money to fight that in court, you would PROBABLY win it, but is it really worth the money and hassle? A long gun slung over your shoulder would be much more noticeable than a holstered handgun, and would probably prompt a lot of MWAG calls, and you would definitely be hassled. Might be a bit much, and could be negative firearm publicity.
    It is also in reference to a motor vehicle.

Post imported post

Taurus wrote:

Might be a bit much,& could be negative firearm publicity

As many as you can carry never hurt Arnold, & These days any firearm gets negative publicity. Come on Scotty stop taking baby steps (cc)& move up to one foot in front of the other...(open carry)

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    To quote a most famous line...."Only a pimp in a ***** house wears pearl handles"...they are ivory. And in Mich....there is no law against carrying a long gun that I have been able to find, but keep in mind; I can guarantee you will go for a ride downtown.
    Call me pimp daddy, cause I would wear Pearl or Ivory what ever I can afford

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    conservative85 wrote:
    Try this on for size I was thinking about buying a holster belt like the cowboys had with thetwo holster, and the slots for individual bullets.

whatcha think bout that! can u see it two pearl handled matched .45 revolverswith extra rounds all the way around your hip:celebrate

Or wait no a long gun w/sling resting on your shoulder...ah the long gun pry would not fly because of the no holster thingy. Oh well it was a good dream.
    Technically, I think the long gun is legal. At least, I've seen nothing in the laws restricting.

If your going to dream, why not do it right?

AR with chest rig holding six spare mags, for a total of 210 rounds.

Hows that get your banana dancing?
    You know what AR stands for? :celebrateALL RIGHTY!! :celebrate

Post imported post

I think a lever-action Henry in a leather scabbard on your back would really compliment those two six-guns on your belt!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    I think a lever-action Henry in a leather scabbard on your back would really compliment those two six-guns on your belt!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    Or I was thinkin of my Marlin 30-30 lever w/scope...Damn now I want a horse, and a Bowie knifetoo:what:" Just call me Jeremiah Johnson"

Post imported post

OK Mr. Johnson, (conservitive85) just to let you know, I'll be "baby stepping", OC'n my XD for now 'cause I don't own an "ALL RIGHTY" yet. Give me a heads up when you go to OC your AR. You'll need all the pro-gunners around you that Arnold can carry.

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    OK Mr. Johnson, (conservitive85) just to let you know, I'll be "baby stepping", OC'n my XD for now 'cause I don't own an "ALL RIGHTY" yet. Give me a heads up when you go to OC your AR. You'll need all the pro-gunners around you that Arnold can carry.
    That baby steps reference, was to a friend of mine about his unwillingness to oc, and to keep cc'n. I used to cc but I am now...How u white man say..Big fan of OC, CC for little boy mm! so u see baby steps is cc'n what ever you choose to carry from a 380 to a ALL RIGHTY!

Post imported post

conservative85 wrote:
    springerdave wrote:
    That baby steps reference, was to a friend of mine about his unwillingness to oc, and to keep cc'n. I used to cc but I am now...How u white man say..Big fan of OC, CC for little boy mm! so u see baby steps is cc'n what ever you choose to carry from a 380 to a ALL RIGHTY!
    I carry EVERYWHERE I go. When I go to sleep, it's next to my pillow. When I get up at night, it's in my hand. As soon as I get dressed, it's in the holster. I HAVE open carried, and DO once in a while. I'm exercising my right to decide HOW I want to carry, but I carry nearly every moment I'm awake. Oh, and Jeremiah had a Hawken .50 cal, if I'm not mistaken, and if he had pistols, they were probably muzzie's as well. I think carrying like you want to, you'd be much better armed than poor old JJ.

Edit for spelling...

Carry on
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    Taurus850CIA wrote:
    springerdave wrote:

It is also in reference to a motor vehicle.
    Yes, I noticed that too.

1776"

Post imported post

Read the whole post and you will find that part which says, Firearms must be unloaded in barrel and all arrows must be in a quiver when a hunter is afield outside the legal hunting hours. How can you be afield when in or on a motor vehicle? Like I said, have a nice ride.springerdave.

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    Read the whole post and you will find that part which says, Firearms must be unloaded in barrel and all arrows must be in a quiver when a hunter is afield outside the legal hunting hours. How can you be afield when in or on a motor vehicle? Like I said, have a nice ride.springerdave.
    Ahhh.

Post imported post

Not a great debater and sometimes have difficulty expressing ideas, but I really do think that conservitave85, Taurus850cia, ghostrider and I want the the same goals on this issue.springerdave.

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    Not a great debater and sometimes have difficulty expressing ideas, but I really do think that conservitave85, Taurus850cia, ghostrider and I want the the same goals on this issue.springerdave.
    I took it as a whimsical discussion on the fantasy of OC of a long arm.

You can OC a fixed blade also, but that doesn't mean I'm doing it. At least, not outside of hunting season.

Post imported post

Yes, I think we're all on the same page. I can't find anything against it that is not conservation law. Everything I've found is from a Nat'l Resources and Env'l Protection act, and should not apply to a situation that has nothing to do with hunting. That is not to say they would not use that against him, whether it would be legal for them to do so, or not.

ETA: nice to think about, but to what practical purpose?

1776"

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    springerdave wrote:

You can OC a fixed blade also, but that doesn't mean I'm doing it. At least, not outside of hunting season.
    I wear a 5" blade w/leather sheathbuck knifestyleeveryday that is a handy dandy tool

Post imported post

conservative85 wrote:
    ghostrider wrote:
    springerdave wrote:

I wear a 5" blade w/leather sheathbuck knifestyleeveryday that is a handy dandy tool
    Due to squirrel season, I've lately been carrying a Mora 2000 (would love to have the orange one). I know some people EDC a OC FB, I just prefer a pocket folder to a long knife flapping about my hip. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, just a personal preference.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    To quote a most famous line...."Only a pimp in a ***** house wears pearl handles"...they are ivory.

George S. Patton ??
    live every day like its your last cause one day you will be right

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:
    To quote a most famous line...."Only a pimp in a ***** house wears pearl handles"...they are ivory.

George S. Patton ??
    "Patton took violent offense at any reference to his pistols being pearl[/b] handled. He said, "Only[/b] a pimp[/b] in a New Orleans whorehouse or a tin-horn gambler would carry a pearl[/b]-handled pistol." In no uncertain terms he would have the offender know that his revolver was indeed "IVORY-GOD-FXXXING-DAMN-HANDLED" and with that he would turn on his heel and leave."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast