Thread: Everyday Carry Gear

Post imported post

Just thoughtt hat it may be cool to start a thread for everone to talk about what they carry on a day to day basis. Pics are welcome and encourged. Below is a link to what is with me everyday without fail.

Glock 23 .40 cal w/ crimson trace laser grips
    Bersa Thunder380
    Leatherman Surge multi tool
    Kershaw Leek
    Surefire 6P defender flashlight
    Ka-Bar large TDI knife
    2 extra mags for the Glock (40 rounds total )

plus the other goodies I always have ( wallet, cigarettes and lighter, keys, etc. )

http://s385.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=DSC00267.jpg

Post imported post

S&W M&P .40c
    IWB Galco holster
    DeSantis dual mag holster (new xmas gift)
    Speer Gold Dot ammunition
    4 mag's (3 on me, 1 in car; total 40 rounds)

I never leave home with out it, and 9 times out of 10 i usually put my firearm on before my shoes in the morning. When (optimistic) Texas goes OC I'm going to look at a new holster. Something in the Kydex style that will lock my firearm in place and hold an extra mag if possible

Post imported post

Glock 20 with 6in compensated barrel. it also has had it's trigger smoothed out and reduced to roughly 3 pounds of pull.

Um, thats about it. I carry 2 extra mags but normally they stay in the truck. i carry a regular old pocket knife and my keys wallet et.i currently dont' carry a BUG.

Post imported post

Ruger SP101 (snubby) in .357 magnum in an OWB holster.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Activist Member

Post imported post

S&W 620 w/ a chamber full of7 Wichester .357 Magnum125 gr jacketedsoft pointswhere legal. Everything else I carry varies on such things as whether I remember them, whether they are legal where I am going, and whether I need them where I am going, and whetherI feel like having them. I usually have a cell-phone though.

Post imported post

Custom builtSTI 2011 compact (same asSTI VIP, but has a steel frame cut from 5 inch frame in lieu of the aluminum alloy used in the VIP) with frame and stainless slide matt finished withbaked on black molycoat. Raised grip safety, Novak rear sight and custom front site dovetailed to insert from the muzzle end of slide. Two ten round (really 11 round) mags loaded withWinchester Ranger RA45T (Black Talon w/o black coating) and Glazer safety slugs (silver tipped version)mixed every other round in each mag. Sometimes when travelinga thirdmag (12 round)loaded with hardball for penetration if needed. Custom Backwoods Leather (Portsmouth Va.) model DBLEC (for ColtDouble Eagle Commander) IWB holster (it works for the STI Compact since it is moulded for a squared trigger guard to fit)and Galco leathermag holders. Spyderco Endura II, Surefire G2 olive drab and Schrade multi tool.

Or

Custom Colt Govtseries 80 with 3 to 4, 8 rnd Shooting Star mags loaded same as above. Galco Royal Guard IWB holster and Galco leathermag holders. Spyderco Endura II, Surefire G2 olive drab and Schrade multi tool.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Post imported post

On me:
    Glock 19
    Fox OC
    2 19 magazines
    small TDI knife
    Pentagon eX2

In the pick-up truck:
    AK-47 w/40-round magazine
    Small chest rig w/2 30-round magazines & gunshot wound kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

FN M16A2 , 30 rounds of M855 ball ammunition, and a Gerber Multi-Plier 600 needlenose.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Banned

Post imported post

You guys all have this stuff in backpacks or what?

All I carry is...
    H&K P2000sk, with 1 spare mag
    Cell phone
    Keys
    Wallet
    Chapstick and gum

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    You guys all have this stuff in backpacks or what?
    LoL

I carry
    My gun (either Bersa T .380 or XD-45)
    Spare mag
    Cell phone
    CRK M16-13T knife
    Keys (obviously)
    Wallet (obviously)

Post imported post

I carry a variety of firearms, either my 3" S&W Model 65 or a semi-auto (Glock, Norinco, etc.)

With the revolver, a couple of speed loaders with the Federal "FBI" load.

With the M1911, a couple of extra magazines loaded with Hornady 200gr. TAP.

With the Glock 19, an extra magazines loaded with Winchester White Box 147gr. JHPs.

Just for grins today, I carried my Glock 22 with an extra magazine.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Ruger GP-100, 4 inch barrel, with 18 rounds of .357 mag125gr JSP. I mostly carry the pistol in a thrown together belt rig but sometimes in a shoulder holster with the cartridge slides on my pants belt. I ofton have a Marlin 1895G rifle(.45-70) and 30 rounds in the truck.

III
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

Huck wrote:
    Ruger GP-100, 4 inch barrel, with 18 rounds of .357 mag125gr JSP. I mostly carry the pistol in a thrown together belt rig but sometimes in a shoulder holster with the cartridge slides on my pants belt. I ofton have a Marlin 1895G rifle (.45-70) and 30 rounds in the truck.

III
    That, my friend, is a nice looking setup. All-American!

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    Does anybody open carry with a shoulder holster?
    I have a few times out of necessity but not very comfortable with it. I prefer the hip holster.

Post imported post

naw i don't use a shoulder rig. i use open carry only. until i move to a state that doesn't allow it.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Glock 23 almost always in a DeSantis Mini-Slide belt holster.

My carry stable consists of four Glocks, four Kahrs, and a P3AT KelTec. My primary piece is the Glock 23. The others are there for those times where clothing, destination, or other criteria dictate their use.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:
    Huck wrote:
    Ruger GP-100, 4 inch barrel, with 18 rounds of .357 mag125gr JSP. I mostly carry the pistol in a thrown together belt rig but sometimes in a shoulder holster with the cartridge slides on my pants belt. I ofton have a Marlin 1895G rifle (.45-70) and 30 rounds in the truck.

III
    That, my friend, is a nice looking setup. All-American!
    Thank you! I figured that if I was going to carry openly I wanted to do so in style.

III

Post imported post

Thank you! I figured that if I was going to carry openly I wanted to do so in style.
    just to add another

Post imported post

Glock 21 with 13 rounds of JHP golden saber rounds.

Post imported post

Sweet looking rig M1!

III

Option 1:
    Kel-Tec P11 with 10 round magazine and spare 10 round magazine, 20 rounds of Remington Golden Saber 9mm +P 124 grain, JBP Sleeping Dog leather holster carried at 4 o'clock and JBP Sleeping Dog leather magazine case carried at 9 o'clock.

Option 2:
    Star 30M with 15 round magazine and two spare 15 round magazines, 45 rounds of Remington Golden Saber 9mm +P 124 grain, JBP Comfort-Flex leather shoulder holster.

In addition I've carried a Spyderco with combo edge daily for the past twenty years, my latest being a Byrd Meadowlark.
    Last edited by Las Vegan; 08-31-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo
    "The right of self-defense never ceases. It is among the most sacred, and alike necessary to nations and to individuals."
    - President James Monroe

Ruger KP89DC and 2 extra mags. In my vehicle a Keltec Sub 2000 40 cal.(Glock version) with 3 13 rd mags and 9 31 rd mags.