• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Everyday Carry Gear

dupree187

imported post

Just thoughtt hat it may be cool to start a thread for everone to talk about what they carry on a day to day basis. Pics are welcome and encourged. Below is a link to what is with me everyday without fail.

Glock 23 .40 cal w/ crimson trace laser grips
Bersa Thunder380
Leatherman Surge multi tool
Kershaw Leek
Surefire 6P defender flashlight
Ka-Bar large TDI knife
2 extra mags for the Glock (40 rounds total )

plus the other goodies I always have ( wallet, cigarettes and lighter, keys, etc. )

http://s385.photobucket.com/albums/oo295/dupree187/?action=view&current=DSC00267.jpg

FoGKeebler

imported post

S&W M&P .40c
IWB Galco holster
DeSantis dual mag holster (new xmas gift)
Speer Gold Dot ammunition
4 mag's (3 on me, 1 in car; total 40 rounds)

I never leave home with out it, and 9 times out of 10 i usually put my firearm on before my shoes in the morning. When (optimistic) Texas goes OC I'm going to look at a new holster. Something in the Kydex style that will lock my firearm in place and hold an extra mag if possible

Sheriff

imported post

Colt Delta Elite 10mm orSmith & wesson 4506 or IMI UZI action arms 9mmPistol.

The UZI gets pretty heavy with a 32 roundmagazine in it though.:shock:

Jizzzle

imported post

Glock 20 with 6in compensated barrel. it also has had it's trigger smoothed out and reduced to roughly 3 pounds of pull.

Um, thats about it. I carry 2 extra mags but normally they stay in the truck. i carry a regular old pocket knife and my keys wallet et.i currently dont' carry a BUG.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

S&W 620 w/ a chamber full of7 Wichester .357 Magnum125 gr jacketedsoft pointswhere legal. Everything else I carry varies on such things as whether I remember them, whether they are legal where I am going, and whether I need them where I am going, and whetherI feel like having them. I usually have a cell-phone though.

mobeewan

imported post

Custom builtSTI 2011 compact (same asSTI VIP, but has a steel frame cut from 5 inch frame in lieu of the aluminum alloy used in the VIP) with frame and stainless slide matt finished withbaked on black molycoat. Raised grip safety, Novak rear sight and custom front site dovetailed to insert from the muzzle end of slide. Two ten round (really 11 round) mags loaded withWinchester Ranger RA45T (Black Talon w/o black coating) and Glazer safety slugs (silver tipped version)mixed every other round in each mag. Sometimes when travelinga thirdmag (12 round)loaded with hardball for penetration if needed. Custom Backwoods Leather (Portsmouth Va.) model DBLEC (for ColtDouble Eagle Commander) IWB holster (it works for the STI Compact since it is moulded for a squared trigger guard to fit)and Galco leathermag holders. Spyderco Endura II, Surefire G2 olive drab and Schrade multi tool.

Or

Custom Colt Govtseries 80 with 3 to 4, 8 rnd Shooting Star mags loaded same as above. Galco Royal Guard IWB holster and Galco leathermag holders. Spyderco Endura II, Surefire G2 olive drab and Schrade multi tool.

FightingGlock19

imported post

On me:
Glock 19
Fox OC
2 19 magazines
small TDI knife
Pentagon eX2

In the pick-up truck:
AK-47 w/40-round magazine
Small chest rig w/2 30-round magazines & gunshot wound kit

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

FN M16A2 , 30 rounds of M855 ball ammunition, and a Gerber Multi-Plier 600 needlenose.

page.php

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

You guys all have this stuff in backpacks or what?

All I carry is...
H&K P2000sk, with 1 spare mag
Cell phone
Keys
Wallet
Chapstick and gum

MetalChris

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
You guys all have this stuff in backpacks or what?
LoL

I carry
My gun (either Bersa T .380 or XD-45)
Spare mag
Cell phone
CRK M16-13T knife
Keys (obviously)
Wallet (obviously)

Deanimator

imported post

I carry a variety of firearms, either my 3" S&W Model 65 or a semi-auto (Glock, Norinco, etc.)

With the revolver, a couple of speed loaders with the Federal "FBI" load.

With the M1911, a couple of extra magazines loaded with Hornady 200gr. TAP.

With the Glock 19, an extra magazines loaded with Winchester White Box 147gr. JHPs.

Just for grins today, I carried my Glock 22 with an extra magazine.

Sheriff

imported post

Does anybody open carry with a shoulder holster?

For anybody who would like an extremely good quality shoulder holster for an extremely good price, go to eBaY and search by seller, seller's name is
s.gif
jpb5571. They are also extremely comfortable. They are well balancedtoo by the time you carry a firearm on one side and insert two magazines on the other side.

Huck

imported post

Ruger GP-100, 4 inch barrel, with 18 rounds of .357 mag125gr JSP. I mostly carry the pistol in a thrown together belt rig but sometimes in a shoulder holster with the cartridge slides on my pants belt. I ofton have a Marlin 1895G rifle(.45-70) and 30 rounds in the truck.

III

MetalChris

imported post

Huck wrote:
Ruger GP-100, 4 inch barrel, with 18 rounds of .357 mag125gr JSP. I mostly carry the pistol in a thrown together belt rig but sometimes in a shoulder holster with the cartridge slides on my pants belt. I ofton have a Marlin 1895G rifle (.45-70) and 30 rounds in the truck.

III
That, my friend, is a nice looking setup. All-American!

Huck

imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Huck wrote:
Ruger GP-100, 4 inch barrel, with 18 rounds of .357 mag125gr JSP. I mostly carry the pistol in a thrown together belt rig but sometimes in a shoulder holster with the cartridge slides on my pants belt. I ofton have a Marlin 1895G rifle (.45-70) and 30 rounds in the truck.

III
That, my friend, is a nice looking setup. All-American!

Thank you! I figured that if I was going to carry openly I wanted to do so in style. :)

III