• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any law against OC airsoft guns??

r6-rider

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Thanks, I was looking for that. I should have remembered the phrase "imitation firearm".

Woodey, I think your best bet if you want to do this is carry one of these in the appropriate holster.

California Penal Code Section 12556

(a) No person may openly display or expose any imitation
firearm, as defined in Section 12550, in a public place.
(b) Violation of this section, except as provided in subdivision
(c), is an infraction punishable by a fine of one hundred dollars
($100) for the first offense, and three hundred dollars ($300) for a
second offense.
(c) A third or subsequent violation of this section is punishable
as a misdemeanor.
(d) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to the following, when the
imitation firearm is:

(13) A device where the entire exterior surface of the device is
white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright
blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the
predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern, or
where the entire device is constructed of transparent or translucent
materials which permits unmistakable observation of the device's
complete contents. Merely having an orange tip as provided in
federal law and regulations does not satisfy this requirement. The
entire surface must be colored or transparent or translucent.
me and my friends used to shoot each other all day with airsoft guns when i lived there. no one cared, no one called the cops, no one freaked out guess i got lucky

im so glad im out of that state

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Sidearms are carried for self defense. They are not replica toys or political statements or fashion accessories. They're weapons. Carry the weapon 'as' a weapon. Color is a matter of choice. Purple guns with pink polka dots will shoot da boolets just as well as black guns will.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Sidearms are carried for self defense. They are not replica toys or political statements or fashion accessories. They're weapons. Carry the weapon 'as' a weapon. Color is a matter of choice. Purple guns with pink polka dots will shoot da boolets just as well as black guns will.
I disagree. The keeping/bearing of arms often is a political statement. Just like wearing a shirt that says, "when seconds count the cops are minutes away," we're making a bold self-defense statement to the people around us. Even if you open carry solely for your own defense, it is possible others will get some sort of message from this activity.

Now, there's no reason that a sidearm can't serve both self defense and speech purposes at the same time.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

T-shirts don't shoot. The political dynamic you live in creates this mindset tho...

I kind'a view California as America's East Berlin.

Decoligny

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
T-shirts don't shoot. The political dynamic you live in creates this mindset tho...

I kind'a view California as America's East Berlin.

Mr. Schwarzenneger,

TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!

ronald-reagan-with-a-gun.bmp