• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

History Lesson - PLEASE WATCH!!!

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

"As soon as they start to suggest a ban on one sort of gun or one type of gun, say no. Do everything you can to oppose it, because it's just the beginning of a broader ban."

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

How stupid are the banners, the confiscators, the enablers. How stupid because they either don't know and understand the lessons of history, or they simply chose to ignore them.

Hopefully the one lesson they'll get hard and fast if they ever try to pull this outrageous evil in this country is the lesson the British learned from us over 233 years ago. The spark which ignited the American Revolution was gun control and confiscation. Yes, it would have occurred anyway, but it was the British move to confiscate arms, seize magazines, and disband the militia that resulted in the "shot heard 'round the world".

Hcidem

imported post

I enjoy this forum very much, but sometimes wonder why I spend so much time here. I, too, would like to think that full gun bans are not practical in the U.S. However, when I leave the virtual reality of this board to discuss 2A rights issues with the general public I become concerned with the apathy I encounter.

I have a brother-in-law who lives four blocks away from the drug houses of Detroit. He feels secure because the "thin blue line" makes frequent patrols in his neighborhood. He has no plan to protect himself or his family against armed encounters (with the exception of using 911 on his cell phone).

My other brother-in-law lives in the western suburbs of Chicago. He actually purchased a shotgun for hunting some years ago. He is the opposite of his brother in so many ways, but he still relies on his own "thin blue line" and 911. I know he would complain if he needed to purchase a weapon in a hurry, but was restricted by law. Yet, he doesn't comprehend how the second amendment is more important than the first.

On the other hand, my own extended family all own firearms. Weall approve of the concept behind the second amendment, but are not typically active in our support of those concepts.

To me, the Australian scenario seems all too possible in the U.S. I think this is why the open carry movement has caught my attention so vividly. Of course, open carry hasthe very practical purpose of allowing easy access to one's firearm. However, its effect on the imagination of our citizenry cannot be understated.

Only when our fellow citizens learn that they can be "safe" around firearms will they accept the premise that they are actually "safer" when firearms are present. At present, they might be able to imagine a wide presence of armed "authorities."Instead of this thought, weshould help them imagine the wide presence of armed citizens.

We can only accomplish this if our fellow citizens actually see our firearms. Covering and concealing them becomes dentrimental to this purpose.

Squid13

imported post

:banghead:I'm screaming in my head right now! They end it with "...never, ever, give up." But that's exactly what they did! They turned their guns in. I didn't see the clips of police going door to door. I saw people lined up handing over their freedom, one gun at a time. Do NOT do it here! I don't want to be the guy shot down by his own government because nobody stood with me, but if that be the scenario...let it be.

Blinn79

imported post

Squid13 wrote:
:banghead:I'm screaming in my head right now! They end it with "...never, ever, give up." But that's exactly what they did! They turned their guns in. I didn't see the clips of police going door to door. I saw people lined up handing over their freedom, one gun at a time. Do NOT do it here! I don't want to be the guy shot down by his own government because nobody stood with me, but if that be the scenario...let it be.
Trust me brother, you won't be the only one. I work in a gun shop in Texas. Everyday when a fellow Texan comes in and buys a assault rifle, and 1,000 rounds of 5.56, they usually are quick to say it is for exactly what you just said. I feel the same way. If they want my guns, they are gonna have to TAKE THEM. I refuse to line up and hand them over. I have never committed any crime over a traffic offense, but the day they say your a criminal if you don't turn in your guns, is the day I become a criminal. I know that when that day comes to, I will have a lot of fellow Americans standing with me, or at least I pray so. My forefathers did it, and I would be proud to do it too.

Thomas Jefferson tried to warn future generations of exactly how crucial it is to ensure this freedom. If you read his quotes, half of them talk about how important it is for a free society to keep their right to bear arms as a form of checks and balances on the government.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" - Thomas Jefferson

So many great minds have warned of the consequences of sitting back and doing nothing... here are some more...

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein

Here is one last quote that is another one of my favorites...

"In the beginning a patriot is a scarce man: hated, feared and scorned; but in time, when his cause succeeds, the timid join them, because then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

Further more, we, the people of the United States have something no other country has... our Declaration of Independence. How many of you have actually read it? Here is a section... the highlighted area speaks for itself...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not advocating open revolution, just pointing to historic precedent.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hcidem wrote:
snip.......Only when our fellow citizens learn that they can be "safe" around firearms will they accept the premise that they are actually "safer" when firearms are present. At present, they might be able to imagine a wide presence of armed "authorities."Instead of this thought, weshould help them imagine the wide presence of armed citizens.

We can only accomplish this if our fellow citizens actually see our firearms. Covering and concealing them becomes detrimental to this purpose.
+1 Well said.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Blinn79 wrote:
snip.......Now don't get me wrong, I am not advocating open revolution, just pointing to historic precedent.
Gave all of your guns away too, didn't you. ;)

Yata hey

FMCDH

imported post

Squid13 wrote:
I don't want to be the guy shot down by his own government because nobody stood with me, but if that be the scenario...let it be.
Believe me, you will NOT be the only one. FMCDH isn't just a cute moniker for me, its a die hard belief and way of life.

I love serving and defending my country, but I love serving and defending my fellow liberty loving citizens even more!

darthmord

imported post

Blinn79 wrote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not advocating open revolution, just pointing to historic precedent.

Keep in mind that it is illegal to attempt to overthrow the US Government.

So doing the very things our Nation's FOUNDING DOCUMENTS state we must under certain circumstances is illegal. I do not doubt that our government would attempt to lock up however many people it had to in an attempt to avoid them overthrowing it... despite this country being founded by a bunch of rebels and renegades.

I just find it very ironic (not to mention extremely hypocritical) that it is against the law to do the very thing that brought our nation into existance.

Blinn79

imported post

darthmord wrote:
Blinn79 wrote:

Keep in mind that it is illegal to attempt to overthrow the US Government.

So doing the very things our Nation's FOUNDING DOCUMENTS state we must under certain circumstances is illegal. I do not doubt that our government would attempt to lock up however many people it had to in an attempt to avoid them overthrowing it... despite this country being founded by a bunch of rebels and renegades.

I just find it very ironic (not to mention extremely hypocritical) that it is against the law to do the very thing that brought our nation into existance.
Well put, could not have said it better myself...

Brimstone

imported post

Viva la Revolucion!

Liberals have always been good at protesting the government for their causes (gay rights, abortion, ant-war, etc.) Now they have gained control while the country was sleeping. Will we have the same drive and conviction when it comes to our causes? Our country was founded by men who stood together and said "No More!". Are there enough real men left that will stand for liberty?

The Republican politicians have betrayed us too many times. Peacefully correcting this country's course will require holding them accountable. Most politicians don't care about this country. They only care about re-election. It may be too late for a peaceful resolution. Men like Ron Paul who hold strictly to the Constitution are dismissed as a non-factor in elections. Incumbent Republicans are wimps and appeasers. We have to be a booming voice in their ears telling them "No More!". Let them know we are paying attention and will not go quietly.

A real million man march on Washington with torches and pitchforks would get their attention. If a peaceful revolution does not work, this country will not survive in its current form. The attack on the Second Ammendment is not the only abomination we are facing from our government that is worth fighting against, but without it we are all lost.

"In the beginning a patriot is a scarce man: hated, feared and scorned; but in time, when his cause succeeds, the timid join them, because then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rf1XG5rA-c

KansasMustang

imported post

As always in the past the squeaky wheel got the most grease. The "libs" IE gay rights, abortion rights, the anti's, and atheists getting prayer out of schools, they all cried the loudest. "When they came for the catholics i said nothing etc.." Now we (the silent majority conservatives) are despised and are demeaned on the drive by media. I saw an interview with Ann Coulter on "Good Morning America" which I seldom watch and she was dead on target about what she's written in her new book,,which of course was mocked. I am sick to death of these liberal weenies saying we're all paranoid and such. Okay,,I'm a bitter clinger and rather than live in slavery, I prefer death in freedom. Anybody out there with me?

Mississippian

imported post

I am sick to death of these liberal weenies saying we're all paranoid and such.
I have been very carfeful on voicing my opinion (to my family)on the direction this country is heading, but recently opened up to some, to my surprise, I am not the only one that is buying weapons and hoarding ammo.

One thing we starteddoing is trying to coordinate the calibers of weapons we buy, so then if the SHTF, we can share ammo. We also try to stick with popular caliber sizes...Who knows, couldn't hurt, or do I need to put some more tin foil under my hat:question::? OMG, was that a black helicopter that just flew over:shock:

Now if I could just get them to join the OC movement:) Atleast my brother, his wife and my nephew are applying for a CC permit, Better that nothing, But they said they'll probably never OC, maybe after their permits come in,I can get them to OC with me every once-in-a-while.