• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brother, can you spare a hundred dollars?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Subject: Brother, can you spare a hundred dollars?

I had to say that.

A couple of years ago I was walking home after a late night law school class thru Chinatown in DC and a panhandler announced as I passed, "Brother, can you spare a half a million dollars?"

It was a cold night and I was wearing one of those black top coats that makes even me look good. Anyway, I had to smile.

But on a very serious note, while our long shot bid to restore open carry rights in Texas has been wildly successful so far (we even have a legislator already planning to introduce a bill, seehttp://www.opencarry.org/thunder.htmlwe are, well, OUT OF MONEY.

As of now, even committing the full $1,000 saved for taxi ads in Austin for Jan and FEB, john and I are stuck with a $250 deficit for the ads running in Amarillo and Lubbock which start today and run till New Year day.

John and I are committed to running radio in El Paso and Austin-Waco corridor next, and from Rep riddle's aide's comments, we now know radio ads work! So we will run radio and shut down the taxis if money is tight - but to run radio in El Paso and greater Austin we need $3,250 by 1 JAN 08 - see status and donation link at http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.html

So please give what you can today which is hopefully a new credit card billing cycle for everyone :)

Even if you cannot swing $100, even $10 or $25 helps.

We cannot wait even a few weeks to raise money – in fact, I don’t see even raising money after the legislature meets in early January because most things political are sorta worked out ahead a time, ya’ know what I mean? We need to act now and carry radio ads in every corner of Texas.

NATO doctrine is in effect here - an infringement on one state's open carry rights is an infringement on all states' rights! And if we are successful in Texas, like it looks like we might be, we will set the conditions to repeal the open carry bans in the other states too, like Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas, and Oklahoma - and maybe even New York some day.

You can give in just a few seconds at http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.html

Please pass this email to your friends, family, and associates - we are so close, it's too late to turn back now!

Sincerely,

Mike Stollenwerk

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
My check is in the mail. Anyone else here think freedom is worth more than a few bucks?

I do..

Dear Ed Levine,
This email confirms that you have donated $100.00 USD to jpierce@speedscape.com (jpierce@speedscape.com) using PayPal.

Donation Details
Confirmation number:
pixel.gif

02W78310Y2752493S
Donation amount:
pixel.gif

$100.00 USD
Total:
pixel.gif

$100.00 USD

Purpose:
pixel.gif

OCDO Donation

Contributor:
pixel.gif

Ed Levine

Recipient information
Donations coordinator:
pixel.gif

jpierce@speedscape.com

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ed wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
My check is in the mail. Anyone else here think freedom is worth more than a few bucks?

I do..
SNIP...

I already knew about you, and thank you for joining the fight.

Where are the rest of the folks here? I see a few Founders and Activists, but I see a lot more "Members."

Come on people this is everyones fight. Now we are fighting for our brothers and sisters in Texas, Tomorrow it will be Florida, then on to the rest.

John and Mike are trying to take our country back but they can't do it alone, they need our help. Even $5 or $10 bucks can make a difference. Skip a lunch and send the money to John.

Regards

Sleepless

imported post

ed I clicked on this link and I got a 404 error.

You can give in just a few seconds at http://www.opencarry.org/thunder.html

Afterwards I looked at the address while contemplating why I was getting a 404 error and then I saw that at the end of the html link there was a periodsign that screwed the whole thing up so would you mind editing the links so nobody else will be having the same problem as me.

Thanks. =o)

Btw, DO NOT USE THE LINK ON MY POSTING. :uhoh:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

ed wrote:
GWRedDragon wrote:
I just donated $5.

Yes, I am really poor. :cry:

That's fantastic!

Even if everyone on this board gave a single dollar there would be over $14,000 in the pot!

Ed
That's right Ed - and right now we are out of money - when the last radio spots go out today over the Panhandle tonight, the open carry message falls silent across texas. We need to raise just a few more thousand dollars.

Glock27Bill

imported post

Just made my contribution.

Rather not mention the amount, we all do what we can given our circumstances.

GWRedDragon, I respect the hell out you giving what you can when times are tight. I've been there, bud, good for you for doing what you can.:celebrate

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
Just made my contribution.

Rather not mention the amount, we all do what we can given our circumstances.

GWRedDragon, I respect the hell out you giving what you can when times are tight. I've been there, bud, good for you for doing what you can.:celebrate
Thanks - a few hundred have come in over the last 36 hours or so, and John will update the Lori-Meter soon.

Sleepless

imported post

I just sent you guys $200.

I am presently paying off a $7K CC debt so this set me back a month of payments but this is a very important cause so my CC payments will have to take the time it takes.

I just hope we can get above the $11K mark soon, I have been checking the Lori-meter every day and sometimes several times a day.

It is always a lot of fun to see when it has been updated.

I might be a Canuck but this is an important cause for everybody to get behind no matter where you might be living in the world.

United we come, divided we fall.

Sleepless

Sleepless

imported post

ed wrote:
Sleepless wrote:
I have been checking the Lori-meter every day and sometimes several times a day.
to check the balance or to check Lori? :)
To check the balance only as I am engaged, but I have a feeling that my fiancee wouldn't mind checking out Lori though. :lol:

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sleepless wrote:
To check the balance only as I am engaged, but I have a feeling that my fiancee wouldn't mind checking out Lori though. :lol:

Yea ... Thats what I tell my wife too.:lol: We been married for over 30 years so she ain't buying:banghead:

Folks, lets keep those dollars rolling in for Texas. A win they will provide a springboard for the next few states on the "OC rights restoration" road trip.

Happy New year

Regards

Sleepless

imported post

How often is the Lori-meter updated btw??

I am sure you guys are busy as hell though as opposedto me who don't have a life. :banghead: