• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Turns out that I'm NOT alone!

tju1973

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
The 1911 has some accessories...

I am not sure-- and it aint like I am a copper-- but I think you have a SBR there and are in violation of Federal law--

unless it is registered as an SBR- -or if it is just a random picture you found online...

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This one is new to me and I haven't OCed it yet. Colt SAA Peacemaker copy (American Western Arms) in 45 LC. By far the most accurate handgun of any I have ever shot.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

tju1973 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
The 1911 has some accessories...

I am not sure-- and it aint like I am a copper-- but I think you have a SBR there and are in violation of Federal law--

unless it is registered as an SBR- -or if it is just a random picture you found online...
It also has a long barrel which makes it a carbine. The stock is detachable. It's my daily 'carry' pistol otherwise.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Revolvers are pretty neat. Definitely not useless for SD either.

If I move out west to a 'cowboyish' area I may get a BP revolver and matching clothes just for fun :p

JBURGII

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:

If I move out west to a 'cowboyish' area I may get a BP revolver and matching clothes just for fun :p
I live in the Oregon Territories and plan on OCing a Ruger at some point. Have a friend who does leather work gonna work me up a custom belt and holster.. :celebrate

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:

You don't have to move "out west" to pack a SA six gun.

"Cowboy-ish area"? While I lived in Florida, I worked cattle just about the whole time. You might say I was doing the "cowboy thing" down south. Never got that ropin' thing quite right, though.

opusd2

imported post

Hell, you can raise Holsteins in Wisconsin, scare some neighbors, and wear a SA not only because you can, but because it's dependable and looks good in the dust and with the Carharts.

The Bull

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:

Remember me? The guy that started this thread??

Shaved head, colorful tattoos, a bull ring trough my septum, wearing a kilt, and livin' in Mobile, Alabama.

Ain't hardly "cowboyish"! :lol:

Still love my SA, though!

The Bull

imported post

opusd2 wrote:
A kilt huh? I guess OC is much more comfortable than CC, unless you have a sturdy set of garters...

OC is still a debatable issue here in Alabama. I carry concealed, as per my permit, and continue sending letters and making calls.

( I have a STURDY kilt belt.... :lol:)

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I don't know any cowboy who carries just to 'look good. We carry 'same stuff most everybody else does for pretty much the same reasons... plus some you don't/won't encounter most places. This is my neighborhood:

opusd2

imported post

Exactly.

Mine consists of fields of crops of various sizes, woods, deadfall, anything that hides all of the critters that the DNR says isn't a problem in WI.