• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thinking About Suing Florida Over Open Carry

OC4me

imported post

What is interesting is that only the 'manner' of bearing may be regulated, not 'when' , 'whether'or 'if' a citizen can carry.

So a simple reading of the FL Constitution would be that the State can tell you 'how' (i.e. 'open' or 'concealed') to carry but not 'when', 'where' or 'if' since none of these restrictions fall underthe 'manner' of exercising that right.

In my opinion, forcing Citizens to get a permit (absent permit-less OC as an alternative) is unconstitutional. The gun-free zones also have no justification under the 'manner' exception either. Sames goes for the fees, background checks, mandatory training (whether a good idea or not), etc. The state could easily provide free voluntary training as an alternative.

Just my .02!

Japle

imported post

Smoking 357, I wish you all the best. I've been CCWing for 20 years in this state and would love to quit worrying about concealing my pistol.

Keep us up to date on your progress.

John

Viera

targettek

imported post

Maybe I am being ultra simplistic here, but if you look carefully at the reading of our Second Amendment (US Constitution of course) the forefathers make no mention of bearing arms openly, concealed, or otherwise. We basically have the right to Bear Arms - period in any manner to which we desire. I don't see how states, counties, townships, cities, or any other grand dutchies have the right toslap together restrictions of any sort which are directly inconflict with the Constitution.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

targettek wrote:
Maybe I am being ultra simplistic here, but if you look carefully at the reading of our Second Amendment (US Constitution of course) the forefathers make no mention of bearing arms openly, concealed, or otherwise. We basically have the right to Bear Arms - period in any manner to which we desire. I don't see how states, counties, townships, cities, or any other grand dutchies have the right toslap together restrictions of any sort which are directly inconflict with the Constitution.
That's because we can read and we have common sense.

Politicians hate that. They like to pretend we don't know how to read, and that common sense is the opposite of common sense. Gets in the way of their power grabs otherwise...