• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help on trip.

ziggiegreen

imported post

I post this in Tn Ga and Fl forums too but I thought I would also post here. I live in Ky (that god) and can open carry and store in my glove box. I have taken my CCW class but my permit has not been issued yet. I will be traveling to Fl. Anyone here know how I can get my gun to my hotel in Fl legally? I will be going though Tn Ga and Fl. Thanks.

tito887

imported post

as far as I know you can't. In florida you cannot legally transport a loaded/unloaded firearm into a public space. Only on private property. At least that's what I read when I lived in florida in a book a lawyer wrote about firearms laws in florida. Now that I think about, I'm thinking about someone transporting a firearm from your vehicle into an apartment. Which technically you can't do in florida without a permit. If someone can clarify please do. As far as the legality I don't think you can. It''s really terrible that we have to really think this hard as far as to how or when you can transport such a small piece of property when the "prohibited," people don't give a damn.

ziggiegreen

imported post

Someone in the Fl forum told me it is legal to carry in the glove box. And it is legal to have in hotel room you rent. Here is the problem they tell me. If you get out of you car with it in the open its illegal and if you put it in a case without a permit, its illegal. Catch 22. What the crap. I'm just glad I live in Ky.