• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

first incident where someone noticed

tito887

imported post

so this story is not very long but while shopping at whole foods in louisville I was checking out when the girl who was ringing us up looked at me and asked, "is that a gun!!!:what:." I was taken at back and at first just said yes.
Then she turned back and whispered something to the guy behind her. Soon afterwards I did what I shouldn't have to do. I tried to explain myself. I babbled out something to the effect of, "It's perfectly legal... It's a right of every resident of the U.S." Certainly not as well articulate as I would have liked.
Afterwards my wife mentioned that I shouldn't be so snippy with people who asked since she was obviously surprised by me carrying.

I don't know if I really needed to say anything anyway since she didn't really ask me a follow up question. I thought over what I said and what she asked was the equivalent of me asking her, "why do you have a buzz cut.!!!" The young lady had very short hair which is not very common in this society. I know one does not have anything to do with the other. I just don't think that's the right way to ask something like that. IS THAT A GUN!!!, get's a lot of heads turning. At least in the future I won't try to explain myself for doing something that is suppose to be my right. :)