• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disguise video recorder testing

shad0wfax

imported post

David.Car wrote:
shad0wfax wrote:
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

Dealer is in China. Typically takes 3 weeks to arrive. Just received my shipping notice today 15 days after order.

Ordered some flashlights from that site in the past. They are legit... Just slow. And the flashlights were a great deal too.
I just got my e-mail today as well. Yeah, Hong Kong is a bit slow.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

BB62 wrote:
Very impressive.

Did you get the upgraded model?

I was the OGP (Original guinea pig) so I got the 2gb model. I've had it for awhile now, and its almost always on.

shad0wfax

imported post

Did you manage to set the time properly TechnoWeenie?

I can't figure out how to set the time. They have it set on Hong Kong time which is 16 hours ahead of PST where I'm at. I did read a procedure saying that you just create a new textfile called asuserconfig.txt with a 2009-01-21 14:37:01 (YYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS) format, save it to the root directory of the drive, and then disconnect the device from your PC, put it into video record mode, and take it back out. Supposedly that sets the time, but it's not working for me.

I just got mine also. It's the 2GB model. The video quality is good as long as you don't try to move too fast. The audio is also pretty good, although I doubt you'll get normal speaking voices to pick up at 15 meters like they claim. For dealing with store clerks, LEO's, or bad-guys threatening you it will definitely do the job.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I like mine (4gb). My only wish is that it used AA or AAA batteries, so I could swap out rechargeable's each day as I do with my audio recorder.

My timestamp is also off, but I haven't attempted to fix it. It doesn't worry me; as long as you have access to the unit and not just the video file you can figure out the time difference.

heresolong

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Well, I got a PM, but I can't seem to access the site. Specifically, I can't resolve the DNS.
I think the site may be down right now. I did a search for the company and then tried to go directly to their site and it didn't work then either. I would say wait until tomorrow and try again.

David.Car

imported post

Video test, I didn't have the youtube volume up very high, and my speakers are not by the monitor... So the volume was a bit quiet... I think it will pick up actual people speaking toward your front side fairly well.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

David.Car wrote:
All is now revealed! Photos protection brought to you by a Sig P226 and a Kershaw Blur... Just in case some tiny little commie jumped in the package...
Nice pics, but don't they kind of defeat the purpose of the OP PM'ing everyone the details?

:p

David.Car

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
David.Car wrote:
All is now revealed! Photos protection brought to you by a Sig P226 and a Kershaw Blur... Just in case some tiny little commie jumped in the package...
Nice pics, but don't they kind of defeat the purpose of the OP PM'ing everyone the details?

:p
By this point almost everyone in this forum knew what it was anyways.