• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC lawyers

jarhead1911A

imported post

Well as one of our members is no longer doing private law and Randy Laun dosnt seem to what to help ( he dosnt follow up with our cases) I have no idea what to do about my case or anyone elses.

ITs time we started looking for someone else who is willing and able to deal with our OC mishaps with law enforcement.

I am open for idea's

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

From Mark Knapp's blog at http://www.firearmslawyer.net/blog

"Yvonne Ward, a civil rights lawyer that represents crime victims told the City of Seattle exactly why Mayor Nickels’ gun ban will make victims, more vulnerable to men that prey on women. The Mayor’s edict victimizes women twice by making criminals of those that disobey the law. Ms. Ward, an Asian-American leader who definitely carries, was among many that provided public comment and then asked, “Where is Mayor Nickels?” The Mayor was conspicuously absent."

Her profile (100% Civil Rights):

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/98002-wa-yvonne-ward-20735.html

Anyone have any experience with her?

Triple Tap

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
From Mark Knapp's blog at http://www.firearmslawyer.net/blog

"Yvonne Ward, a civil rights lawyer that represents crime victims told the City of Seattle exactly why Mayor Nickels’ gun ban will make victims, more vulnerable to men that prey on women. The Mayor’s edict victimizes women twice by making criminals of those that disobey the law. Ms. Ward, an Asian-American leader who definitely carries, was among many that provided public comment and then asked, “Where is Mayor Nickels?” The Mayor was conspicuously absent."

Her profile (100% Civil Rights):

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/98002-wa-yvonne-ward-20735.html

Anyone have any experience with her?
From this post it seems she is very slanted towards womens rights and protection. If she is not focused on firearm law and the 2A, how effective could she be at dealing with situations presented here. I would hope her only arrgument wasn't just men that pray on women that wouldn't be able to protect themselves. As the issue is much deeper than that.

As for the other posts, if Randy is retained, he has obligations to contact you and deal with your case. If your not retaining him, hows he going to make a living? Maybe he is having some other unknown issues.

jchen012

imported post

Yvonne Ward might be someone to try. She was one of the first to speak at the Seattle gun hearing and seemed disappointed when she was cut off after 90 seconds.

Triple Tap

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
http://www.yvonnepolicereport.org/

I'm curious as to who in the world would post something like this to its own domain name. Someone obviously does not like her.
Since she was running for some office, ( I bet senate) from what one of those document said. I did a whois on this domain and look what I find.... I bet she was running on a democratic ticket too. What a BS political move, and they arn't even very good of hiding it...:shock:

Registrant ID:GODA-024875321
Registrant Name:Beth Fix
Registrant Organization:Senate Republican Campaign Committee
Registrant Street1:pO Box 11025
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Olympia
Registrant State/Province:Washington
Registrant Postal Code:

cynicist

imported post

From this post it seems she is very slanted towards womens rights and protection. If she is not focused on firearm law and the 2A, how effective could she be at dealing with situations presented here. I would hope her only arrgument wasn't just men that pray on women that wouldn't be able to protect themselves. As the issue is much deeper than that.
Regardless, the above statement was true. If women can't have guns, they can't protect themselves.
And therefore... can't ban guns. The means may be slightly different, but it has the same ends.

And what's the situation with Randy Loun? He returned my call, but by then I was pretty much done with it.