• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Group Sues to Stop Concealed Weapons in Federal Parks

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
SNIP In all seriousness, the Brady Campaign and the Violence Policy Center make me so angry every time they go on the record I have to count to ten before I move on.

Turn the anger into cold, calculating effort to undermine them and win.

Realize their lies are deliberate. Its a campaign. They are sitting under their slimy little rock calculating their nasty little methods. To them, its a game in which lies and distortions mean nothing. In which manipulating the thinking and emotions of othersis fair play.

And we can win. Truth is more powerful. People can and will recognize truth. Also, truth has to exist first before there can be a lie.For every Brady lie or distortion there is a truth they are falsifying or distorting. People have an innate ability to recognize truth. Just get the truth out. We'll win.

PS: Sometimes one has to be a little more forceful about getting the truth out. You know how some people name their guns? I name my bullets: Philosopher, Love, Wisdom, Truth...:) Hopefully it won't come to that.

ChickenFarmer

imported post

It has always made me wonder...these people that fight against guns...

How many of them, if under attack and in the presence of a gun they could use to defend themselves would NOT use the gun and then argue they had to?

This is all about money! They can get money and power by playing on other peoples emotions. Even if they were rational people with a rational mission, they are making money on this stuff and thus are not likely to stop and lay down any time soon...just like the NRA. They are a great organization and the strongest group we have, but they are in the business of making money and hording power...they will not die while they can make money doing it.

Huck

imported post

I read the legal complaint and it’s pure Brady Bunch. Filled with lies, distortions, and sniviling from top to bottom.

Line 41 is the real joke, it mentions how the DoI’s “reliance on certain studies was misguided”. In other words, according to the Bradys, the DoI didnt use “studies” that are approved by the Bradys.

After reading that complaint I believe it's going to get thrown out... after the justices can stop laughing long enough to do so.

III

TFred

imported post

Huck wrote:
I read the legal complaint and it’s pure Brady Bunch. Filled with lies, distortions, and sniviling from top to bottom.

Line 41 is the real joke, it mentions how the DoI’s “reliance on certain studies was misguided”. In other words, according to the Bradys, the DoI didnt use “studies” that are approved by the Bradys.

After reading that complaint I believe it's going to get thrown out... after the justices can stop laughing long enough to do so.

III
It was filed in "The United States District Court for the District of Columbia". Are these judges going to be sympathetic to the anti-gun cause?

TFred

Tomahawk

imported post

The Brady Bunch will be staying out of National Parks?

Great! Clearly the rule change is already having the intended effect of making our parks safer, and it hasn't even gone into effect yet! :cool:

GumiBear

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm having difficulty with the fact that it is easy to find stories about how the Brady Bunch is whining about this, but where are the opposing stories from the NRA or other such groups, how canWE get a out a storytouncover their lies and deceit? Any decent, main stream media sources we could ask to report on this? I've grown tired of the squeaky wheel getting all the grease, WE need to squeak once in a while.

Flintlock

imported post

TFred wrote:
GROUP SAYS RULE VIOLATES SEVERAL FEDERAL LAWS
Brady Campaign Sues to Stop National Park Gun Rule
The new rule applies to rural and urban national parks. If it goes into effect on January 9, it would allow concealed firearms on the National Mall just eleven days before the Obama Inaugural Celebration.

And just which federal laws mentionedwould have been violatedby this rule change? The only violation I see is the uconstitutional ban on carrying firearms in those parks for the last 25 years.

Restoring a constitutionally protected right is not a violation of anyfederal law thatis required to adhere to the constitution in the first place.

What bafoons.

If they get the injunction, it could spell some trouble and keep this in the news for Obama to do something about. If not, the issue is dead -at least for a while.

Tomahawk

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
TFred wrote:
GROUP SAYS RULE VIOLATES SEVERAL FEDERAL LAWS
Brady Campaign Sues to Stop National Park Gun Rule
The new rule applies to rural and urban national parks. If it goes into effect on January 9, it would allow concealed firearms on the National Mall just eleven days before the Obama Inaugural Celebration.

And just which federal laws mentionedwould have been violatedby this rule change? The only violation I see is the uconstitutional ban on carrying firearms in those parks for the last 25 years.

Restoring a constitutionally protected right is not a violation of anyfederal law thatis required to adhere to the constitution in the first place.

What bafoons.

If they get the injunction, it could spell some trouble and keep this in the news for Obama to do something about. If not, the issue is dead -at least for a while.

Since DC does not isue permits to carry guns, no concealed firearms will be allowed on the Mall during the inauguration.

The Brady Bunch doesn't bother to do research. It's all BS and emotional appeal. Desperate, too.

Brady Bunch Fail.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

TFred wrote:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5irWgvJzXz3UFknRjrJgjierKwnFwD95D7ILG0

Group sues to reinstate firearms ban

By JESSE J. HOLLAND

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence sued the Bush administration Tuesday in hopes of stopping a new policy that would allow people to carry concealed, loaded guns in most national parks and wildlife refuges.

"The Bush administration's last-minute gift to the gun lobby, allowing concealed semiautomatic weapons in national parks, SNIP
So he is ONLY concerned about concealed semiautomatic weapons?

That should be good news to all of OUR Revolver carriers!!!!

I know I am splitting hairs! He chooses words for their shock value only.... not what they choose to object too.

OK, If the Bush Administration is the named party in the suit and it does not go to trial until after the Obama administration has been sworn in.... what happens if the Obama administration simply chooses not to make any response or appearance in court? The Brady whiners won't win by default, will they?

Joe Sparky

Tomahawk

imported post

Sometimes the government party allows itself to be sued in order to get the change it wants. Sneaky backdoor way to change things they don't have the authority to change themselves: ask your favorite advocacy group to sue you, and let the courts do the changing for you. Not like the government has to worry about paying for lawyers, either. After all, the money comes out of your pocket, not theirs.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Sometimes the government party allows itself to be sued in order to get the change it wants. Sneaky backdoor way to change things they don't have the authority to change themselves: ask your favorite advocacy group to sue you, and let the courts do the changing for you. Not like the government has to worry about paying for lawyers, either. After all, the money comes out of your pocket, not theirs.
Oooooo. That's sneaky. I hadn't thought of that one.

KBCraig

imported post

TFred wrote:
It was filed in "The United States District Court for the District of Columbia". Are these judges going to be sympathetic to the anti-gun cause?
Not according to recent history, like Heller.

At the very least, it will end at the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals.

TFred

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
TFred wrote:
Not according to recent history, like Heller.

At the very least, it will end at the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals.
Oh, that's right, Heller was an attempt to overturn a lower court that had already ruled the DC gun ban illegal. :) I forgot that small detail.

TFred

spawnbringer

imported post

jbone wrote:
"We should not be making it easier for dangerous people to carry concealed firearms in our parks."

As others posted I also feel slandered. As a member of the Armed Forces and a citizenI passed the back groundchecks and was issued a permit to carry, and I’m classified as "dangerous people". Those that continue their relentless crusade to remove the rights of Americans are the dangerous ones...

Right. It's outrageous! I hear you jbone,and everyone who'sable tosee the arrogance and lack of clear rational thought put intosuch a ridiculous statement.

I'm an Armyveteran, and was issued a LTCF here in PA. Though even if I was not a vet and did not have a LTCF so long as I'm a law abiding citizen that statement is aslap in the face. Who the hell are these people? How someone who speaks on behalf of any group could or would say something so remarkablyasinine is hard to understand. Are these people not in full use of their faculties?

Any senator, congressmenor public official who agrees with such nonsense or aligns themselves with the Brady Groupneeds to berecognised and voted out.Our country needsleaderswho are concerned about the facts, notthose who are in agreement withsuch an irrational,emotional and misinformedgroup like Brady.

This is really aggravating.

TFred

imported post

Common sense is needed here:

http://blogs.theledger.com/default.asp?item=2309375

I'm too tired at the moment... zzzzzzz And I know some of you have a nice little blurb all prepared to address just such cases of ignorance.

It appears no account is needed to comment. Text of the blog is below.

TFred

Packing Heat in Backpacks

Contributed by Gary White - Posted: December 31, 2008 3:46:21 PM

This news item hasn't received much attention, but the Bush Administration recently overturned a 25-year-old ban on loaded weapons in national parks and wildlife refuges. The new Interior Department policy, scheduled to take effect Jan. 9, would allow visitors with concealed weapons permits to carry loaded weapons, including semi-automatic guns, into such places as Florida's Everglades National Park and Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.

The announcement prompted a gun-control group, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, to file a lawsuit in hopes of preventing the Bush Administration from implementing the policy.

If the policy takes effect before Barack Obama assumes office Jan. 20, a lengthy bureaucratic process would be required to undo it.

For the record, I see no reason at all to allow loaded weapons in national parks and wildlife refuges. The policy will only make the parks and refuges less safe, not safer, and will likely lead to increased cases of poaching of wildlife.

Thundar

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Slayer of Paper wrote:
The loss of Brady people will be more than made up by more gun owners enjoying our nation's beautiful parks. I know I'll be going often this year.
Aren't there a good number of retired Navy ships that are currently national parks? You don't suppose we could get the Brady people .... Well I can dream.

Damn it Hawkflyer!,

Don't you try and stick the Navy or Navy monuments with these losers!