Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Don't They Openly Carry In Wisconsin?

Post imported post

They are getting mad at me in the Wisconsin forum. I do not understand why the people there do not do something productive. They are running around asking counties for resolutions and such.

:quirky

They feel too threatened and say I cannot understand, because I am in Georgia. Maybe they ought to read some of the threads in Georgia with people getting harassed by the police, jailed even.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

maybe they are taking it a little slowly to give the authorities time to get used to the idea?

another reason may be that as a practical matter, its not all that useful. you still can't carry in your car, or near schools,or in a lot of places you might want to.

Post imported post

ilbob wrote:
    maybe they are taking it a little slowly to give the authorities time to get used to the idea?

another reason may be that as a practical matter, its not all that useful. you still can't carry in your car, or near schools,or in a lot of places you might want to.

More useful than nothing!

Post imported post

It happens as you said everywhere :X Im just surprised it hasnt happened to me yet, i guess my brother was easier prey :P

Post imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
    It happens as you said everywhere :X Im just surprised it hasnt happened to me yet, i guess my brother was easier prey :P
    The harassment has happened to you.

Not me, though! Cops must like me.

Post imported post

well im just mean the arrest part :P

on another note is GPDO working for you, seems to be broken

Post imported post

It is down. Probably hacked from Wisconsin.

Post imported post

i lol'd

updates or just a crash?

Post imported post

Post imported post

Pointman wrote:
    What's with Malum?
    Disappointed to see what Wisconsinites have become and what they tolerate.

Post imported post

Right now, nearly every Wisconsin municipality has an ordinance prohibiting open carry in spite of the State preemption law. It is an education thing and people need to be able to challenge these "illegal" ordinances. I personally have chosen to challenge our local ordinance without incurring a citation first. If this tactic is successful, I believe that the house of cards will fall for this part of the state. A case is in the courts right now for someone who was cited in Milwaukee. We are all watching the progression of that one.

Post imported post

Whats the deal with Wisconsin? The deal is that most people are not willing to put up with police harrasment so they dont OC. I do open carry, and have been stopped and threatened with arrest. I keep my cool, relay how misinformed the officers are and go about my way. But that is just where I live, in Milwaukee or Madison if you open carry you might find yourself looking down the barrel of a Glock shortly because of uneducated police.

It is getting better though. More people are carrying. Eventually Governor Dum Dum will leave office and we will have a better shot at relaxing the gun laws. Good things come to those who wait I guess.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

PerhapsCheeseheads (Wisconsin)are as cowed as Nutmeggers (Connecticut) - nobody wants to take the government to court to correct a wrong.

SUE THE BASTARDS!

Post imported post

GJD wrote:
    It is getting better though. More people are carrying.
    Good!

The more common it becomes, the less excuse the police will have to threaten and harass.

Post imported post

Statkowski wrote:
    PerhapsCheeseheads (Wisconsin)are as cowed as Nutmeggers (Connecticut) - nobody wants to take the government to court to correct a wrong.

SUE THE BASTARDS!
    There are current and past court cases involving CCW and OC. An OC case is going through the courts now. It is better to work smart than unnecessarily hard. People who do not use their head end up deeper in crap and debt than they intended. Not working smart can even get you in prison as is evident by the highly publicized case in WI over the past couple of years regarding an alleged"machine gun"...

Post imported post

fepowered wrote:
    Statkowski wrote:

SUE THE BASTARDS!
    There are current and past court cases involving CCW and OC. An OC case is going through the courts now.. . .
    There is not a lawsuit working its way through the courts involving an openly carried pistol right now.

If I am wrong, then please correct me with the case name, number, and court.

Please do not link to a certain civil offense municipal court case :quirky, which is not a lawsuit. It is a city citation (gimme a break). He is fighting a city court ticket. Statkowskisaid, "SUE THE BASTARDS!" which I believe none of you in Wisconsin are doing because you are all too timid and busy in-fighting.

I agree with Statkowski.

Organize and do something, please.

Post imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
    There is not a lawsuit working its way through the courts involving an openly carried pistol right now.
    Statkowskisaid, "SUE THE BASTARDS!" which I believe none of you in Wisconsin are doing because you are all too timid and busy in-fighting.

I agree with Statkowski.

Organize and do something, please.
    Ahhhh..... someone with neither the time nor money to do so themself is making demands on others......

Nothing is stopping you from taking up this personal crusade on the part of the timid Wisconsin sheep......

It is much easier to insult all instead of making an eduated informed statement about specific problems.... Wisconsin does have dissent in its ranks. Part of theissue is that some of the organized CCW groups are not supporting the OC cause and dissagree with actions down this road for fear of an OC permit system being proposed, legislated and implemented. Things are moving very slow and maybe even backwards at this time, but there IS grass roots movement which willlikely reenergize thecurrent stagnant movement. Either lend a hand and helpor kindly keep your nose out...

Post imported post

fepowered wrote:
    Ahhhh..... someone with neither the time nor money to do so themself is making demands on others......
    Why are you waiting for somebody to do it for you? Stand up for yourself! Grow a backbone! Put your time and money where it counts!
    Nothing is stopping you from taking up this personal crusade on the part of the timid Wisconsin sheep......
    I am really kind of busy fixing Georgia along with a few thousand other people. Sorry.

Do something for yourself.
    It is much easier to insult all instead of making an eduated informed statement about specific problems.... Wisconsin does have dissent in its ranks. Part of theissue is that some of the organized CCW groups are not supporting the OC cause and dissagree with actions down this road for fear of an OC permit system being proposed, legislated and implemented. Things are moving very slow and maybe even backwards at this time, but there IS grass roots movement which willlikely reenergize thecurrent stagnant movement. Either lend a hand and helpor kindly keep your nose out...
    Keep my nose out - this is the sort of reaction I keep getting from you Wisconsin people. I don't get your attitude, but I do understand now why you are in your current situation.

You brought it on yourself.

Stop waiting for somebody to do something for you.

You will have to do it for yourself.

The situation cannot get much worse. Fix it.
    some of the organized CCW groups are not supporting the OC cause and dissagree with actions down this road for fear of an OC permit system being proposed, legislated and implemented.
    They do not support legally carrying openly because somebody might put into place a permit system, instead of pointing guns and putting you in jail?

Fear will not move the ball forward, but you could always avoid those groups and put your time, talent, and treasure into the groups that are going to move things forward. It is intolerable to have police harassing people for legal, harmless conduct. Well, it is intolerable in a free country, to a citizen who is interested in his duties as a free citizen.

P.S. A little off topic, but what kind of classic Ford do you own (your screen name gives it away)?

Post imported post

Oddly... All the replies seem to indicate a populace that desires a solution that comes from outside rather than providing the answers themselves. They want a Savior, perhaps someone annointed by G*d to provide them with solutions for the problems caused by the very people whom they have voted into office.

By any chance, did Wisconsin go to Obama in '08?

Post imported post

Fallschirmjäger wrote:
    Oddly... All the replies seem to indicate a populace that desires a solution that comes from outside rather than providing the answers themselves.
    Bingo.

Post imported post

And meanwhile, outside of Wisconsin, according to Judith Brown of Firearm Owners Against Crime, the 2009 rally at the state capitol in Harrisburg, will take place on Tuesday, April 21st.

Firearms owners from all across Pennsylvania will visit their elected representatives and let them know how they feel on a wealth of firearms-related issues. Although possession of firearms inside the capitol building is prohibited (it's a court facility), storage facilities are available.

On a related note, thanks to the actions of many working behind the scenes, one of the topics for annual police training (statewide) is open carry. In short, the state police are now informing all police officers that open carry is legal, it is not cause for a Terry stop, nor can it be mutated into disorderly conduct or terroristic threatening.

Cheeseheads, Nutmeggers - the ball is in your court. What you do with it is up to you. Fight for your rights or give them up.

Post imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
    Keep my nose out - this is the sort of reaction I keep getting from you Wisconsin people. I don't get your attitude, but I do understand now why you are in your current situation.

P.S. A little off topic, but what kind of classic Ford do you own (your screen name gives it away)?
    The problem with ousiders being critical while not offering help is that you are just being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk. It is easy to be critical when you have no stake in the issue. It is easy to just sit idle behind your keyboard and type what others should "just go do".

ALOT of effort was put into the 2 CCW bills which were vetoed by our idiot Governor. Right now there is more confusion than unity on what the next step is. Grassroots efforts are starting to bloom again and I expect that the level of unity will improve greatly over the nextyear.

Encouraging and offering constructive advice is one thing, but being a critical jerk is unwelcome.

I own a few Ford Muscle Cars including a 1969 Montego MX with a 428SCJ.

Post imported post

SUE THE BASTARDS!

That's what we do in Pennsylvania (http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...entown-pd.html).

They do that in Georgia, too!

Post imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
    They are getting mad at me in the Wisconsin forum..........
    They feel too threatened and say I cannot understand, because I am in Georgia.

We hear your feedback.... Unless you are going to help, further antagonizing is not necessary in the WI forum. I willnow leave the the GA forum now so you are free tospout all you want....

Post imported post

fepowered wrote:
    Malum Prohibitum wrote:
    They are getting mad at me in the Wisconsin forum..........
    They feel too threatened and say I cannot understand, because I am in Georgia.

We hear your feedback.... Unless you are going to help, further antagonizing is not necessary in the WI forum. I willnow leave the the GA forum now so you are free tospout all you want....
    I think I should make at least two posts in the next 24 hours in the Wisconsin forum. My advice IS constructive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast