• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Patriots

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

http://www.wisconsinpatriots.com/

One of your regular posters here pointed me to this organization, and I visited the web site above, and I am having trouble finding what they are doing. I saw an "announcements" section, which had a resolution.

Can I assume this resolution means people are now free to carry in that county without fear of law enforcement harassment? If so, then this is a great thing they have done!

What else are they doing? Is there a part of the web site that I missed? I seems to be mostly links to other web sites.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
ive got time to waste ill go to WI and open carry everywhere
Judging by some of the other threads, you will need several trips to reappear for court appearances after you bond out. ;)

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
rmodel65 wrote:
ive got time to waste ill go to WI and open carry everywhere
Judging by some of the other threads, you will need several trips to reappear for court appearances after you bond out. ;)
That's a good possibility. I've been told for years that while OC is not prohibited by law, an officer can slap you with DCs till you go away. I would love to OC but am not financially set to deal with the legal repercussions. I simply can't afford to deal with it. I do think that a large demonstration like the aforementioned OC cookout would draw enough media attention to the issue. With that, it would be much harder to sweep under the rug. But somehow I just don't see it happening any time soon(and not just because of the weather).

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
the aforementioned OC cookout
Is this a Wisconsin Patriots event?
I believe that it was and is an effort to divide OC interest in Wisconsin. There is a leadership vacuum in the pro-gun movement and various individuals and their fanboyz are maneuvering for advantage.

I reject the profiteers and practitioners of the politics of access. Without a principled and attractive leader then coordinated action from here, OCDO, is best.

I trust Malum Prohibitum and the possibility of his goodness* far beyond the proven self-interest of the others. I trust Lammie.

ETA: It took me this long to remember the word 'altruism'* that I struggled for until I was arranging our BR for our New Year's Anniversary celebration.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I believe that it was and is an effort to divide OC interest in Wisconsin. There is a leadership vacuum in the pro-gun movement and various individuals and their fanboyz are maneuvering for advantage.

Ah yes... And as is typical from this board everyone wants someone else to stick their dick and and get it chopped off...

I wanted to have a picnic to OC with other freedom loving individuals Doug. Nothing more and nothing less.

I had no intention of dividing anyone's OC interest. I'm just a dumb fucker from New Berlin who was naive enough to believe that hosting a picnic as I'd seen done in other states would be a positive effort for everyone. No desire to divide interest or anything else.

And if you guys f'ing wonder why NOTHING HAPPENS in wisconsin its crack-pot comments like yours.

Every time someone new comes on here (and at the time I was new) and they want to do something they get their head bitten off.

So if you want to come to Open Carry.org and play keyboard commando and talk about laws and rights (generically of course because talk about specific cases will get you slapped too) then great. THIS IS THE PLACE!

But if you want to come to opencarry to try to DO something amongst other freedom loving folks, you will get nipped in the bud EVERY time. GUARAN-*******-TEED!

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
Every time someone new comes on here (and at the time I was new) and they want to do something they get their head bitten off.
Apparently, they get their head bitten off even for making suggestions, too. . . or so has been my experience in the last few days.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Apparently, they get their head bitten off even for making suggestions, too. . . or so has been my experience in the last few days.
Well... I won't disagree with you that this is the case...

As I have said weeks ago in other threads... OTOH, I've been in the business of dealing with people long enough to know that just "being right" isn't enough, that how you interact with people is going to affect how they receive your message. You can be dead-right and still get nowhere if you alienate everyone.

I'm not making a judgement on the efficacy of your tactics here, but if you didn't intend that you'd get your head bitten off with your comments... well that seems naive.

Anyway... As I said, your assessment seems by my observation to be correct either way.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Then it is time to act.Has any one publicly DEMANDED an answer to why the county boards have REFUSED, except for one, to support our rights? I say it is time to go one the offensive and we start with going right for the jugular of every board member in every county.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear County Board Representative:
I am writing this to you for two reasons. First, to inform you of the fact that Chairman ___________ has had the enclosed resolution since August of 2008 and second, to request you take action in support of those rights protected by Article 1, Section 25 of the Wisconsin State Constitution.

In August of 2008, Chairman ____________ was sent the resolution for consideration, and Lafayette County overwhelmingly approved the resolution on September 16, 2008, so there is no language in the resolution that would concern corporate council. I would also point out, that this is not about guns, but rather about affirming the citizens' constitutional rights. As this has not been discussed at the board or committee level, I am contacting you directly to ask:

Will you support and affirm the peoples constitutionally protected rights by supporting this resolution?

If you do not support the resolution I would appreciate a response as to your reasoning for not supporting Article 1, Section 25 of the Wisconsin State Constitution.

Thank you for your kind attention in this matter and I eagerly await your reply.

Sincerely,

<your name>
<your address>
<your phone>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
WHEREAS, The County Board of ____________ County Wisconsin affirms that the people have the constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation, or any other lawful purpose.

WHEREAS, the concealed carry of firearms is prohibited by Wisconsin Statute 941.23.

BE IT RESOLVED, that open carry is not an unlawful means to exercise these rights, and that no one may restrict a citizen's lawful exercise of these constitutionally protected rights.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now if this was sent to EVERY BOARD MEMBER in EVERY COUNTY, and was sent by MULTIPLE registered voters in said county, along with EVERY MEDIA outlet paper, TV, Radio, Internet that covered that county, then the boards would have to respond.

It is time for the Patriots to gather funding and attack, either via direct mail, or TV. Notify the public that their county board representatives DO NOT support the public's rights.

What about OC issuing a press release,has thishappened?

In those counties where signatures were gathered, why hasn't there been a letter to the editor EVERY WEEK. Six or seven guys could round robin the letters and getit in the media EVERY WEEK. We need to take action, not just talk about it.

I have specifically waited until now, as I wanted to take action after the first of the year, but I have sent the above to EVERY board member in my county, every media outlet, and even the local REPUBLICAN party asking them why they will NOT SUPPORT citizens rights.

2009 is the time, the question now is do WE have the resolve to push this (the squeaky wheel gets the oil) or will we just remain complacent?

FLR&amp;@

imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:

Ah yes... And as is typical from this board everyone wants someone else to stick their dick and and get it chopped off...

I wanted to have a picnic to OC with other freedom loving individuals Doug. Nothing more and nothing less.

I had no intention of dividing anyone's OC interest. I'm just a dumb @#$%er from New Berlin who was naive enough to believe that hosting a picnic as I'd seen done in other states would be a positive effort for everyone. No desire to divide interest or anything else.

And if you guys f'ing wonder why NOTHING HAPPENS in wisconsin its crack-pot comments like yours.

So if you want to come to Open Carry.org and play keyboard commando and talk about laws and rights (generically of course because talk about specific cases will get you slapped too) then great. THIS IS THE PLACE!

But if you want to come to opencarry to try to DO something amongst other freedom loving folks, you will get nipped in the bud EVERY time. GUARAN-@#$%ING-TEED!

You hit the nail right on the head. I was warned to “change my patriotic opinion” after my 1[suP]st[/suP] post. Witch then led to 2 weeks of bickering and B.S. just for the sake of doing so.

So we can fight among our selves (which some people are more than happy to do) or use this energy for some positive change.

Dont you peoplesee that we as a state and as a part of this fourm are ajoke, we couldn’t set aside our differencesand get organisedlong enough to have a cookout.AND THAT IS ONLY THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG!!!!!!!

smithman

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Then it is time to act.Has any one publicly DEMANDED an answer to why the county boards have REFUSED, except for one, to support our rights? I say it is time to go one the offensive and we start with going right for the jugular of every board member in every county.

It is time for the Patriots to gather funding and attack, either via direct mail, or TV. Notify the public that their county board representatives DO NOT support the public's rights.
The Patriots don't have much funding since its tough to "compete" with groups like the WI pro-gun movement and the WGO who have fancy websites and membership. Its up to all of us to keep knocking on the doors of our alderman and city officials until they cave and put this up for vote. Let them know that one county has already taken the plunge!

I guarantee that the local and county PD WILL hear about it and be warned about potential harassment. That is a noble goal for these resolutions.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

if we cannot organize to send letters to the editors of papers or city and county board meetings.

Maybe it is time for groups of 5 or more people to exercise their right to carry openly in a group. One person can easily be swept under the rug, But a grup of people are not too easy to make disappear.

I am in way northern Wisconsin, Anyone in Oneida or Vilas county want to go for a walk through downtown Minocqua with me while openly carrying our loaded, holstered handguns?

IMO, send all the letters you want and it won't do too much. Openly exercise your rights in small or large groups and it will gain the attention it deserves.

FLR&amp;@

imported post

Nutczak-

I honestly don’t think setting your self up to be arrested like that is going to help at all unless you have a ton of money, and nothing to do with it ,and a few good friends in high places.

Why not organize something like march/ walk/ protest, be it across the street or down the sidewalks of Main street. Let the police know what you plan to do, where and when you plan to do it. Also you may need a permit witch is a good reason to get an attorney involved, listen to there advice, and have him/her present at the event. (If you get arrested you will be paying one anyway and advice comes much cheaper than a defense) Have someone who is unarmed videotape the whole thing start to finish.

Organization, planning and a positive image are going to help us, not doing something that most people think is illegal in the first place, and letting them watch the cops cuff and arrest you re-enforcing the notion that what you are doing is illegal.

That is only my opinion and you know what they say about those. But if you decide to do your “O.C. walk” with a few others I truly wish you the best of luck.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

FLR72 wrote:
Nutczak-

I honestly don’t think setting your self up to be arrested like that is going to help at all unless you have a ton of money, and nothing to do with it ,and a few good friends in high places.

Why not organize something like march/ walk/ protest, be it across the street or down the sidewalks of Main street. Let the police know what you plan to do, where and when you plan to do it. Also you may need a permit witch is a good reason to get an attorney involved, listen to there advice, and have him/her present at the event. (If you get arrested you will be paying one anyway and advice comes much cheaper than a defense) Have someone who is unarmed videotape the whole thing start to finish.

Organization, planning and a positive image are going to help us, not doing something that most people think is illegal in the first place, and letting them watch the cops cuff and arrest you re-enforcing the notion that what you are doing is illegal.

That is only my opinion and you know what they say about those. But if you decide to do your “O.C. walk” with a few others I truly wish you the best of luck.
Most people think it is illegal tonot allow a police officer to search your vehicle without probable cause too.
or they feel they need to answer questions asked by the police, What people may think is illegal or not is not the problem here, it is the lack of action taken by the people that know what is legal and not legal and exercising our rights.
if I am forced to inform the police of my wanting to exercise my right to openly carry a holstered loaded firearm while window shopping,doesn't it then become a privilege instead of a right?

In the last year, what has been done to make the law enforcement aware that openly carry in this state is in fact legal. I am sure we all want CC rights, but as long as doyle is seated there is no way we will ever see them. We as a class of people need to make bold statements by acting instead of hacking away at a keyboard.
So I'll ask again, would anyone care to join me open carrying through downtown Minocqua in the coming days?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

FLR72 wrote:
Nutczak-

Why not organize something like march/ walk/ protest, be it across the street or down the sidewalks of Main street.
Unfortunately, by Wisconsin standards, "5 people" is an organized march.