Thread: ccw info on drivers license lookup

Post imported post

Got pulled over for speeding today by local Boyd county sheriff deputy. Told him I had ccw. Came back with ticket and he told me my cc didn't show up when he ran my drivers license and that he was gonna let me go this time(for carrying concealed in the car)but that I needed to call the sheriff's office and get it straightened out. I show him my license and explain that it is good. I call sheriff, they don't know, they call State Police, they don't know. I just had a new ccw license issued 2 months ago when I changed addresses.

Post imported post

There was a discussion on this awhile ago. Some agencies are NOT notified of your CDWL status when they call in.

Post imported post

U got a link or a phrase I could search?

Post imported post

walrus wrote:
    U got a link or a phrase I could search?
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...ght=themrmitch

Post imported post

I don't see why it is your responsibility to update their records. If they want to fix something in their system they can fix it.

Post imported post

walrus wrote:
    he was gonna let me go this time but that I needed to call the sheriff's office and get it straightened out.
    Call his CoP, that dude needs to know it's KSP that's in charge of the CCDW License :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.