• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ccw info on drivers license lookup

walrus

imported post

Got pulled over for speeding today by local Boyd county sheriff deputy. Told him I had ccw. Came back with ticket and he told me my cc didn't show up when he ran my drivers license and that he was gonna let me go this time(for carrying concealed in the car)but that I needed to call the sheriff's office and get it straightened out. I show him my license and explain that it is good. I call sheriff, they don't know, they call State Police, they don't know. I just had a new ccw license issued 2 months ago when I changed addresses.

tito887

imported post

I don't see why it is your responsibility to update their records. If they want to fix something in their system they can fix it.

FightingGlock19

imported post

walrus wrote:
he was gonna let me go this time but that I needed to call the sheriff's office and get it straightened out.
Call his CoP, that dude needs to know it's KSP that's in charge of the CCDW License :p