• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doyle not running for reelection?

Brigdh

imported post

I was half watching WISN 12 in the Milwaukee area around 6pm tonight while making dinner with the family. I caught pieces of an interview with Governor Doyle concerning the state, the economy, etc and one of the transitions just before a commercial break had the interviewer stating that he asked Doyle to predict how 2009 will be and if Doyle would be running for reelection. The last words were "his answer may surprise you".

Unfortunately I didn't catch anymore of the story, specifically if Doyle was panning to run or not, nor any mention of it on the new station's website. Did anyone else catch the story and/or hear what Doyle said?

Brigdh

imported post

Yep. Caught it at 10. Doyle didn't say no or yes to reelection -_- Ah well

opusd2

imported post

Although I didn't catch that particular broadcast, I did read on another site WSAW.COM where although he may not run for office, he will be creating a lot of campaign monies no matter what. I guess that (along with the raises for state employees) goes with his attempts to balance the budget and work on the deficit.

Am I the only one noticing all those Democrats jumping ship since the economy went to crap under their guide?

Tackleberry

imported post

DogBrianGriffin.jpg

Wisconsin isn't that lucky. Besides, his replacement would be worse.

Until Scott Walker (I hope) gets elected in 2010, don't expect anything to change much.

opusd2

imported post

Tackleberry wrote:
DogBrianGriffin.jpg

Wisconsin isn't that lucky. Besides, his replacement would be worse.

Until Scott Walker (I hope) gets elected in 2010, don't expect anything to change much.

Is it strange that I heard those words spoken in Brian's voice? I almost expect Peter to counter with some story on how 'it was almost like the time I...'

Tackleberry

imported post

opusd2 wrote:
Is it strange that I heard those words spoken in Brian's voice? I almost expect Peter to counter with some story on how 'it was almost like the time I...'
peter.jpg
"It was almost like the time whenQuagmirehad a gun and...."

Fast Ed

imported post

Doyle is hoping beyond hope that Obama will pick him for an ambassodorship to some tropical paradise somewhere. He has created such a budget mess that he doesn't want to have to be the one to clean it up. An Obama appointment would mean a graceful exit, with the Luetenant Governor getting a leg up on any other democrats for the nomination and giving her the bully pulpit to start running against Walker or Nuemann long before either of them declares. Running from the governor's office is a lot easier than running from an even playing field. If Doyle doesn't get plucked out by Obama, I am betting he won't run because of the 5 billion dollar deficit he has run up.

Fast Ed

WIG19

imported post

Fast Ed wrote:
Doyle... has created such a budget mess that he doesn't want to have to be the one to clean it up. If Doyle doesn't get plucked out by Obama, I am betting he won't run because of the 5 billion dollar deficit he has run up.
I'd never count out Gov. Saddlehead. But your budget assessment is certainly correct. The other day I was reviewing a WI Schedule I discussing the various rollbacks by WI to the Internal Revenue Code pre-2006. Remember all the hoopla about "Health Savings Accounts" and what a measure of a responsible citizen you'd be if you had one? WI now treats them as income.

I suppose one way at each state's level to get around the fact that direct repeal of so-called Bush tax cuts hasn't taken place is to simply roll your code's recognition of the Fed back to a previous version of the IRC. That way you can still get your bigger slice of the pie, so you have some left over to run for Governor again.

Scott Walker, where are you?