• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet and Greet

Illuminator

imported post

Howdy All.
My first post here, after reading the board for a number of weeks.
The closest range that I know of in/around Montgomery is the Tri-County Shooting Range, 5575 Lower Wetumpka Rd. (334-265-8865). It is a bit north of Montgomery itself and they are a friendly bunch. That is where a group of us go.

You may want to give them a call before showing up OCing, as if memory serves they frown a little on it.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Illuminator wrote:
Howdy All.
My first post here, after reading the board for a number of weeks.
The closest range that I know of in/around Montgomery is the Tri-County Shooting Range, 5575 Lower Wetumpka Rd. (334-265-8865). It is a bit north of Montgomery itself and they are a friendly bunch. That is where a group of us go.

You may want to give them a call before showing up OCing, as if memory serves they frown a little on it.

Huh? How do you not OC at a shooting range?

rocknsnow

imported post

I would be interested in attending a meet and greet. I live at Fort Rucker but I am willing to travel if it is on a saturday.

macgulley

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:

For what it is worth, there is also a gun show in Montgomery this weekend. I'm going to try to make it Sunday after church if I can get the family obligations settled.

Can you give specifics on the gun show?

macgulley

imported post

Thanks. I usually get email notices about CASC shows but I haven't heard anything about this one and they haven't posted a schedule for 2009 on the gunshow website.

macgulley

imported post

Just got an email about it:
MONTGOMERY GUN SHOW MONTGOMERY CONVENTION & CONFERENCE CENTER 201 Tallapoosa St. Montgomery, AL JANUARY 17-18, 2009 SATURDAY JANUARY 17, 2009 9am-5pm SUNDAY JANUARY 18, 2009 10am-4pm