Thread: Nothing to see here, move along...

Post imported post

Went out this morning to a bunch of different places shopping with the wifey and 2 little ones. OC'd the whole time and never got a comment or even a look. Went to Home Depot Hillsboro, a couple of furniture stores down TV Highway into Beaverton. Some shopping at Cash-N-Carry for some "hunks-o-meat" to throw on the smoker for tomorrow night. The back to Costco in Hillsboro; admittedly I put a vest on over it at Costco as their corporate policy doesn't seem so friendly.

Then I was in court this afternoon in St. Helens (empty holster under my suit coat - obviously no one noticed.) On the way home I stopped by Fred Meyer groceries in Scappoose as wifey said we needed olives for the pizza and beer for the beer chicken on the smoker tomorrow. I left the suit coat in the car. I got more weird looks than I am used to but no one said a word. Not even the assistant manager who was actually checking at the check out lane that I went out. I did feel weird though buying alcohol while carrying.

-adamsesq

Post imported post

Its funny that we take such delight in boring stories.. :Pbut is good to hear. I go to Costco all the time but have left the .45 locked up so far, I have no CHL yet so can't cover it. I have OCed in Jerry's on 99 and most feed and tack stores in the county with narry a comment.. these country folk are a bit more used to the sight than city slickers.. I don't think I have been in a Fred Meyers since I started carrying.. hmmm.. I think I have to do some shopping tomorrow..

James

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

Glad to hear it! I wonder if wearing suit pants and a dress shirt combined with a gun prompted people to think you were an agent (I'm assuming you had a tie on)?

That's a step above the normal assumption by some sheeple that someone OC'ing must be a cop.

(I'm not advocating impersonation of an officer in any way FYI).

Post imported post

diesel556 wrote:
    Glad to hear it! I wonder if wearing suit pants and a dress shirt combined with a gun prompted people to think you were an agent (I'm assuming you had a tie on)?

That's a step above the normal assumption by some sheeple that someone OC'ing must be a cop.

(I'm not advocating impersonation of an officer in any way FYI).

I do think my dress goes along way why I don't get bothered. I was wearing a tie - bright purple with white and black pandas on it but a tie nonetheless . The funny thing is thatI was also wearing 5.11 tactical pants and shirt; yes, that is what I often wear to court(along with a sport coat of course.) From comments I have received a lot of people just assume that I am a detective. I would never suggest that to anyone but I dress for court and if people assume that it is not my business to set them straight unless they ask.

-adamsesq

Post imported post

I subscribe to the Larry the Cable Guy school of fashion. The right to BARE arms.. :P

Come to think of it.. I would get nervous if I ran across a redneck WITHOUT a gun..

Officer: Sir, why do you not have you weapon on you?!

RN: I'm sorry officer, I was cleanin it an the wife wanted some Ben n Jerrys.. so I was jes runnin to Dairy Mart real quick..

Officer: Don't you know what could happen in those few blocks!! Go back home and arm yourself immediately!

RN: Yes sir, sorry sir, won't happen again..