• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nothing to see here, move along...

adamsesq

imported post

Went out this morning to a bunch of different places shopping with the wifey and 2 little ones. OC'd the whole time and never got a comment or even a look. Went to Home Depot Hillsboro, a couple of furniture stores down TV Highway into Beaverton. Some shopping at Cash-N-Carry for some "hunks-o-meat" to throw on the smoker for tomorrow night. The back to Costco in Hillsboro; admittedly I put a vest on over it at Costco as their corporate policy doesn't seem so friendly.

Then I was in court this afternoon in St. Helens (empty holster under my suit coat - obviously no one noticed.) On the way home I stopped by Fred Meyer groceries in Scappoose as wifey said we needed olives for the pizza and beer for the beer chicken on the smoker tomorrow. I left the suit coat in the car. I got more weird looks than I am used to but no one said a word. Not even the assistant manager who was actually checking at the check out lane that I went out. I did feel weird though buying alcohol while carrying.

-adamsesq

JBURGII

imported post

Its funny that we take such delight in boring stories.. :pbut is good to hear. I go to Costco all the time but have left the .45 locked up so far, I have no CHL yet so can't cover it. I have OCed in Jerry's on 99 and most feed and tack stores in the county with narry a comment.. these country folk are a bit more used to the sight than city slickers.. I don't think I have been in a Fred Meyers since I started carrying.. hmmm.. I think I have to do some shopping tomorrow..

James

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Glad to hear it! I wonder if wearing suit pants and a dress shirt combined with a gun prompted people to think you were an agent (I'm assuming you had a tie on)?

That's a step above the normal assumption by some sheeple that someone OC'ing must be a cop.

(I'm not advocating impersonation of an officer in any way FYI).

:lol:

adamsesq

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
Glad to hear it! I wonder if wearing suit pants and a dress shirt combined with a gun prompted people to think you were an agent (I'm assuming you had a tie on)?

That's a step above the normal assumption by some sheeple that someone OC'ing must be a cop.

(I'm not advocating impersonation of an officer in any way FYI).

:lol:

I do think my dress goes along way why I don't get bothered. I was wearing a tie - bright purple with white and black pandas on it but a tie nonetheless :D. The funny thing is thatI was also wearing 5.11 tactical pants and shirt; yes, that is what I often wear to court(along with a sport coat of course.) From comments I have received a lot of people just assume that I am a detective. I would never suggest that to anyone but I dress for court and if people assume that it is not my business to set them straight unless they ask.

-adamsesq

JBURGII

imported post

I subscribe to the Larry the Cable Guy school of fashion. The right to BARE arms.. :p

Come to think of it.. I would get nervous if I ran across a redneck WITHOUT a gun..

Officer: Sir, why do you not have you weapon on you?!

RN: I'm sorry officer, I was cleanin it an the wife wanted some Ben n Jerrys.. so I was jes runnin to Dairy Mart real quick..

Officer: Don't you know what could happen in those few blocks!! Go back home and arm yourself immediately!

RN: Yes sir, sorry sir, won't happen again.. :lol: