• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there an Open Carry group in Utah?

Bennelli

imported post

I have been searching online to see if there is an organization for open carry here in Utah, and if so what is their name and what is there website address? I seen the FOX13 clip online so are those guys an organized group?

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

You found us! There is no official name for our groupor organization, just http://www.opencarry.org! Each state has its own forum.

Was this a recent news clip on Fox? Or was it one of our archived clips from The West Valley City council meeting?

Welcome to OCDO! :celebrate

scorpioajr

imported post

Bennelli wrote:
I have been searching online to see if there is an organization for open carry here in Utah....

Your lookin' at it!

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of good information here. Ask plenty of Q's and these guys WILL answer.

Hapy new year.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

What can you tell us about yourself Bennelli?

We see that you are from Sandy. What kind of sidearm do you carry? Do you have a concealed firearm permit? And what sparked your interest in finding us?

Not trying to be intrusive, just curious. :)

Bennelli

imported post

Bennelli? I am an Amercian with a grandfather from Italy, thus Bennelli plus I own an 18" Nova pump home defense. (offense) Springfield XD40 Sub Compact. In 57 days I will have a CCP.

I am interested in Gun rights and I want to preserve them for my sons. Idid not grow up with any guns in my house none of my family had guns, well perhaps my Uncle the NYC Cop, but I never saw it and he was retired when I was a kid and lived far from my home. We had some neighbors that would go hunting for pheasants and rabbits, so I shot some shotguns but that was it for my guns experience as a kid.

Now, we are in some "crazy" times and I own a business (in South SLC) and I am out late at night with cash in my pocket, I have some young sons, so now is the time to protect myself and my family. I am not "overly" worried about my safety but like a boy scout I want to be prepared if something should ever be fall me or my family.

After my CCP on Saturday, I organized to host a CCP class at my home and I had 10 people signed up the next day, and those people are bringing more people thus buzz is on! We will have 5-7 women there as well. Once you make it available and people who are thinking about it, they ill take the step forward and use the rights they already have. What is the saying? "For evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing" I say use your positive energy to do something good, that is why I found you guys and look forward to working with you.

I too like most people were afraid of the sight of a gun, only because I knew nothing about them. I never shot a hand gun until last summer, and I am no spring chicken. Now I practice shooting, I know how to take apart and clean a gun it is not this mystery to me any more, nothing to fear, respect but not fear. If every American served in the military or grows up with guns they will see that it is not a big deal to be comfortable to walk around with a gun at your side.

You asked, so you got an ear full! :D

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Congrats on taking the initative to volunteer your home and time to educating other on self defense. WhenI am out and about, I sometimes notice flyers for concealed firearm permit classes. I often think of putting up my own flyer offering "open carry classes". However, I am reluctant to do so because of possible legal issues.

scorpioajr

imported post

Bennelli wrote:
...I too like most people were afraid of the sight of a gun, only because I knew nothing about them. I never shot a hand gun until last summer, and I am no spring chicken. Now I practice shooting, I know how to take apart and clean a gun it is not this mystery to me any more, nothing to fear, respect but not fear. If every American served in the military or grows up with guns they will see that it is not a big deal to be comfortable to walk around with a gun at your side.

You asked, so you got an ear full! :D
Your going to fit in just fine here bro.
Sounds like you have the drive to be a beneficial part of OC.
'Excellent' <----(Best Mr. Burns impressions you can think of.)