• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone Interested in an OC Meetup?

Pol Mordreth

imported post

I'm up for it. I live a little SE of the city, so anywhere down I24 would work best for me, although my wife and Icould probably make just about anywhere around the metro area. I OC in Murfreesboro all the time, and we usually hit the IHOP. There is now one off exit 66 as well. IHOP is a good place since they never have an alcohol permit.

Respectfully,

Pol

WCrawford

imported post

Well, first I wanted to determine any interest.

I, personally, could care less where we meet. I attend the occasional TFA meeting (work schedule allowing) at a Shoney's near LP Field. I happen to be the only OCer there at those, but everyone is packing.

We could even hit a range as there are quite a few within a reasonable distance of Nashville and within.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, lets kick it around some and see what we come up with. I don't know anything aboutthe Nashville area other than it's got these big wide concrete highway thingiesthat incircle it. I'll llieve the location to y'all. Range time sounds good.

Pol Mordreth

imported post

I really need to join the TFA and start attending those meetings.

If the Shoneys by the stadium is used to carriers, then that may be a good place to start. And, it's easy to get to.

I'm not exactly sure where Lobelville is, but if we need to meet somewhere closer to TF16, we can.

Respectfully,

Pol

WCrawford

imported post

Ok, I guess three of us are interested. That is a start. :)

Now we just need to set up a time and place (hopefully with not too much concrete :D).

Maybe we can work for something near the end of January to early February?

ecocks

imported post

I would love to but if I remember correctly TN requires the permitfor OC correct?

My WA state CHPexpired while I have been living in Europe for the last 3 years. I am taking the TN handgun course the week of January 12th, assuming I find one open, but will not expect to receive the permit for a few weeks after submitting the application.

Depending on the scheduled date I may be visiting a buddy in Mt Juliet and would certainly be there for moral support. he's a CCW guy but has always wondered about OC in TN.

I will be there on the 24th and 25th and can probably drag my pal along.

Ed

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Best thread on the Tennessee forum - exemplifies the spirit of OCDO. :D

Yata hey

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ecocks wrote:
I would love to but if I remember correctly TN requires the permitfor OC correct?

My WA state CHPexpired while I have been living in Europe for the last 3 years. I am taking the TN handgun course the week of January 12th, assuming I find one open, but will not expect to receive the permit for a few weeks after submitting the application.

Depending on the scheduled date I may be visiting a buddy in Mt Juliet and would certainly be there for moral support. he's a CCW guy but has always wondered about OC in TN.

I will be there on the 24th and 25th and can probably drag my pal along.

Ed
Yup need the permit for OC here. Tn calls theirs Handgun Carry Permit (HCP)

ecocks

imported post

How efficient can I expect the great state of Tennessee to be in processing the application if I turn it in around the 19th or 20th?

WCrawford

imported post

Even if you can't carry, yet, you'd be more than welcome to come (and your friend can hide his if he wants to :D, we won't judge). If we decide on a range, just follow the law on proper transport. No need for anyone to get in trouble when trying to have some fun.

ecocks

imported post

Oh of course, that's why I said moral support. And my buddy probably would be willing to OC in this situation. Wish I had come back a few moonths earlier.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ecocks wrote:
How efficient can I expect the great state of Tennessee to be in processing the application if I turn it in around the 19th or 20th?
My boss got his back in about 35 days, his wife's and mine arrived in 45. We had applied together on the same day. Some one posted recently that they recieved theirs in less time.

Pol Mordreth

imported post

ecocks: The state has 30 days to get your background check done from the day you get your fingerprints taken (this has to be done after you turn in your app at the DMV) I was told to call them at that 30 day point, and check on the status. I did, and they checked and told me that my permit was good to go, and they processed it that day. I had it in the mail about a week later.

call (615) 251-8590 to check on it after the 30 day window. I have to say, they were some of the most polite and helpful government employees I've ever dealt with.

In regards to the meet, I'm pretty much available any saturday, and I'll be bringing the whole family. Depending on what else my wife wants to do that day, my range time may be limited. With the new baby, we have to switch off at the range because they don't make hearing protection that small (heh).

regards,

Pol

TN_TITANS

imported post

Took me a bit longer than should be expected. I had to call after not hearing or seeing of anything for 120 days. Three days after calling it was in my mailbox. So, I recommend calling TBI if not recieving anything within 75 to 80 days so you don't end up like me, waiting and waiting and waiting and checking mail everyday to and end up disappointed.

Task Force 16 wrote:
ecocks wrote:
My boss got his back in about 35 days, his wife's and mine arrived in 45. We had applied together on the same day. Some one posted recently that they recieved theirs in less time.

bluecanary25

imported post

I have beenvisiting here for some time, but only today, registering.:dude:

Depending on a variety of factors, I OC frequently enough my wife is not concerned about it.;)

A meeting of people that OC sounds interesting and I will follow this thread... It would be fun to have a group of OC citizens.

About TFA (I am a member and attend meetings. I am not a spokesperson for the group, either.)... We meet the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30PM. Shoney's next to LP Field, Nashville. You are welcome to visit, sit-in, contribute and join.... if you so choose. But you do not have to be a member. The hope is that you have an interest to protect and promote your 2A Rights. Please visit the site at xxx.tfaonline.org - replace x's with "W's", check out the forums.

If you come to a meeting don't be too shy. :celebrate

George

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

bluecanary25 wrote:
I have beenvisiting here for some time, but only today, registering.:dude:

Depending on a variety of factors, I OC frequently enough my wife is not concerned about it.;)

A meeting of people that OC sounds interesting and I will follow this thread... It would be fun to have a group of OC citizens.

About TFA (I am a member and attend meetings. I am not a spokesperson for the group, either.)... We meet the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30PM. Shoney's next to LP Field, Nashville. You are welcome to visit, sit-in, contribute and join.... if you so choose. But you do not have to be a member. The hope is that you have an interest to protect and promote your 2A Rights. Please visit the site at xxx.tfaonline.org - replace x's with "W's", check out the forums.
If you come to a meeting don't be too shy. :celebrate

George
Welcome aboard bluecanary25 - you make a good presentation.

Might suggest that you not be shy :) about posting a direct link to TFA.

Check out http://vagrapeshot.multiply.com/ click "view all" & "zoom" to see them better. This is how we promote OC in Va. Try it - you'll like it.

Yata hey

WCrawford

imported post

Here is the direct link to the TFA.

www.tfaonline.com

I think I remember seeing you at the November TFA meeting, George. I thought it was interesting and would have loved to been able to attend the December meeting and heard the lecture on situational awareness.

I need to become a member once I have some money available. My fiancee wants to get married soon, so extra money at this time is going toward that end.

Now as far as a day/time for the get together, I'm a 3rd shift worker (armed security guard). So, I can generally free up anything from afternoon to mid evening. Saturdays are generally the worst for me (due to 10 hour shifts), but I can always make time to have a cup of coffee or squeeze off a few rounds.

I'd like to try to get together after football is over (even though it may be over for the Titans :().