• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone Interested in an OC Meetup?

ProguninTN

imported post

If any of you have a OC meetup in or around Nashville, let me know. I'll try to make it. It's been a while since I've OC'd anyway.

bluecanary25

imported post

Mods, If I am out of place, please let me know.

I did not join this forum to promote TFA, but I am a member. So I propose to members here, go to a TFA meeting. There are several chapters in Tn.Simplifies trying to find a single time and placewhere everyone can meet. In Nashville, many members OC at meetings. Visitors are welcome.

I'll git off my soapbox now....

I welcome hearing other suggestions. It would be nice to demonstrate that legally armed citizens are not a threat to the general public.

George

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It would be nice to demonstrate that legally armed citizens are not a threat to the general public.
George, OC meetups in public places is, in part, just what you have suggested. I've been OC in my neck-of-the-woods since Sept of 08 and to my knowledge, no one has deemed me a threat.

Pol Mordreth

imported post

Well, now that football is over, y'all think we can get together? Would a late afternoon / early dinner be good for everyone on Saturday, 07 Feb or Sunday 08 Feb? I was thinking the Shoneys across from titans stadium since they are used to the TFA meetings. WCrawford, I know that you said saturdays are toughest for you, maybe we could meet before your shift, you can get your breakfast with us and then go on into work?

Regards,

Pol

WCrawford

imported post

Pol Mordreth wrote:
Well, now that football is over, y'all think we can get together? Would a late afternoon / early dinner be good for everyone on Saturday, 07 Feb or Sunday 08 Feb? I was thinking the Shoneys across from titans stadium since they are used to the TFA meetings. WCrawford, I know that you said saturdays are toughest for you, maybe we could meet before your shift, you can get your breakfast with us and then go on into work?

Regards,

Pol

That sounds like a plan. :)I start work at 8pm on Saturday. As long as I have some notice I can play with my schedule a bit (go to sleep earlier rather then taking extended wind sown times, wake up a little earlier, toss uniform in car, ect).

Either the 7th or the 8th are good for me.

Pol Mordreth

imported post

Okay, I talked with the boss, and Saturday would be best for us. Why don't we try to meet at 6PM Sat at the Shoneys by the stadium?

Mapquest:here is the location, if you need directions

Regards,

Pol

Pol Mordreth

imported post

I sent a PM to a few members that either have commented in this thread, or I could recognize as being close to Nashville. Hopefully we will have a few people drop by.

Regards,

Pol

WCrawford

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Well, I'm looking forward to putting faces with names from the forum. If I don't make a wrong turn somewhere and get lost, I'll be there.

You are not the only one who is looking forward to putting some faces to names.

I'll be the red haired guy. :)

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Had a good time tonight meeting some of you. Good to be able to put faces with your posts now.

Dang it, I still got messed up with that spagetti field of Interstate. Found my self headed down an off ramp from 65N before I knew it. Had to ask somebody how to get back on. Weird thing is that the"ON" ramps had "entry Prohibited" signs posted. Finally followed a couple other cars past the signs and got back on.

This sort of thing never happens to me in the woods. :cuss: