• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The OC Friendly List-Treasure Valley

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

Did you go in all of those places? Been in World Market a few times myself, no issue. Did get a few stares from some of the customers, but no issues. In Bed and Bath on Meridian Rd the other day, no issues.

Just curious if you were in all of them or just in the market place area.

Thelukaskezik

imported post

i've been through all of them. multiple times. my wife works at that bed bath and beyond, so i wander around there while i wait for her to get off work.

ecocks

imported post

Today, we can add Meridian Office Depot and Shopko, both at the Eagle and Fairview/Cherry intersection. In both locations, employees plainly saw my sidearm. Polite and courteous, no problems.

ecocks

imported post

Couple of things for Sunday.

I went by Ponderosa Sporting Goods on 55 and they had 40 boxes of 9mm FMJ on the shelf and two cases in the floor below. Winchester WB, American Eagle and either Blazer or CCI. Ample stocks of .40 as well. Several bricks of .22 on the top shelf. Federal and Speer defensive ammo as well. Guys, there is plenty of ammo up there.

Oh, and if anyone was looking for AR's in stock, he's got about 30 on display from .223 to .338 in addition to 4-5 .50's.

I mentioned that he was on the OC-friendly list here and his response was that he would prefer to be OC/CC mandatory.

Upon returning from the mtns, I dropped by Fred Meyer at Eagle and Fairview for 2 solid hours. Began in the Garden Shop and worked my way across the store towards $100 of groceries, then sat in the coffee area for a bit. Several employees noticed the sidearm. After about 10-12 minutes, amanager walked up to me in the Garden area and gave me a hearty "Hello!", asked me if I needed anything and then wanted to know if I was enjoying the furniture set I bought there for my son a couple of months ago. So, no problems.

Stopped in at the Maverick on Linder and Cherry for ice cream, one clerk was nervous (it seemed) but nothing was said.

ecocks

imported post

Too much time on my hands...

Today I went into Karcher Mall. Aside from strolling the hallway, I visited B. Dalton's andMacy's Clearance Center. Total time a bit over an hour. No problems.

Then across the street to the Jade Garden Chinese Buffet. Again, no problems.

On the way home, went into Best Buy on Midland for about 30 minutes, talked to several employees and exchanged pleasantries with the Loss Control guy at the front door as I left. No problems.

Finally, stopped in at the AT&T cell phone store around the corner from BB and shopped cell phones for 10-15 minutes. No problems.

Thelukaskezik

imported post

ecocks wrote:
Too much time on my hands...
you're not kidding! i've been meaning to try out best buy, but i've been too busy! i finally have a day off tomorrow, so i'll probably be doing some window shopping around town.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

For those of you close to Meridian and smoke cigars, on Idaho St, east of Main St there is a smoke shop, named just that. I was in there today and they are more than gun friendly. Had a conversation with the guy behind the counter (not sure if he was the owner, didn't ask) and a customer, more like a fixture in the place, a regular. They were retired LEO's and think that more citizens should be carrying OC. They welcomed me and anyone else who may be OCing. Not gonna pitch the place but it is a good shop for cigars. One more to the known friendly list in Treasure Valley.

ecocks

imported post

Spent 45 minutes in Wells-Fargo at Main and Fairview today, I know some customers noticed but the bank staff either didn't see or truly didn't care.

Also, over 4 hours in Barnes and Noble without any problems.

Thelukaskezik

imported post

I spent about an hour in Treasure Valley Marketplace's Target last night while I waited for my wife to get off work from a different store there int he shopping center. I played dumb and asked where the batteries were, then where the cup-cake/muffin pan liners were, then where I could find a voice recorder (they were on sale, too), and I tried to ask the managerial type workers for directions while pointing with my right arm to make it more obvious I was OC-ing. a few of the re-stockers noticed and looked sort of surprised. One kid made it obvious he thought it was cool just from the look on his face. But no one inside voiced neither comment nor complaint. Then on my way out I said "thank you" to the security woman as well. She definitely noticed the gun, but also said nothing.

I've OC'd there before during busier hours without issue too, but sometimes when it's busier, workers are often attending to people's desires rather than looking at what their carrying.

widescreen

imported post

Hey guys. I'm probably going to have to take my baby into the hospital for a checkup soon, so I was wondering about hospitals. I know they are for the most part private property, so does anyone know their policies and if anyone has had past experiences there?

ecocks

imported post

China Buffet on Fairview has had no problems the last three times I was in there OC'ing.

Hastings on Fairview (newer, larger one next to the DMV) was silent during my three hour visit on Thursday.

4liberty

imported post

Thelukaskezik wrote:
mercy medical center has a sign out front saying tobacco- and weapon-free zone.

I work at mercy and am sorry to say it is true they are gun free zone. I believe that all the valley hospitals are gfz. Cc is always an option.

Btw have been oc in Wally world (12th ave south nampa) several times and was trailed by assoc manager for about 10 min without being confronted on one occasion. Felt weird as it was my 2 or 3rd ocing. Oc in lowes today (nampa) no problems.

John Wolver

imported post

so yesterday, sat 12th, oc'd in overland walmart... and you guess it, i got grief. Was nothing I couldnt handle though. Was eye balled by an associate til she decided to call a manager. They came and looked for me, found me, verified, walked away. I knew it wasnt over. Went to sporting goods,I guess they found a manager that had the (thinking of a nice way to say this, not working, guess ill spit it out) BALLS to come and confront me. And i do mean confront. He comes up to me looks me up and down, starts asking if I have a badge, and I said what? He asks If I am a cop, and I said no. Is that a real gun, Well yes sir it is. Well you cant have it in here. (and this is where the gloves come off and the fun stops) I said " why not?" and he starts to tell me something about store policy, at which time I cut him off and say, why are you different from Nampa and Caldwell Walmart? And he asks me, oh uh they allow that, and I said Well Walmart official policy is to follow ( at this point he says oh i need to call so and so, gets on his radio asking for a number) state law. He has to go somewhere else to get his call. I keep looking at the gun cabinet, flat out ask the associate if i am bothering him, he says no, but that he wouldnt sell me any ammo, if he had it. I asked him why not, Mine is already loaded, dont need his ammo. to which he just said well I still wouldnt, I then told him he would be violating state law by refusing to sell to me by discrimating, and he told me walmart policy said he could. ( walmart is above the state/ federal law?) but we then started talking about the youth guns and had a nice conversation. The manager comes back, says well you are right but if we get 1 complaint, you will have to go. and i asked him why, he says well that is part of the policy too. ( and i knew this part, but it is also discretionary on the management too.) I said ok to this, I then asked him that if he got any complaints to tell them I was legally and lawfully carrying in there store and that should allay any fears. I was not contacted again, but was followed throughout the store and had no less then 2 employees walk within 10-20 ft of me the rest of the trip, not to mention the plain clothes loss prevention that was around. It did allow me to meet some national guardsmen and educate them of the laws in Idaho. The first one was from Cali and was amazed, he will hopefully be on here in the next couple weeks and be a part of the group.

widescreen

imported post

Hey JW. I think I have a new tactic for this whole Wally World deal. We need to hit this out in pairs. One person OC, and the other CC. The person OCing will obviously get the confrontation, but the person who is CCing should approach the management, and praise them for allowing OCing in the store. No complaints, rather compliments. Make them think that not only anti's are vocal.

ecocks

imported post

I repeat we should develop an ad hoc "squad" to hit/visit these places and demonstrate the law and proper demeanor.

I'm game for some 3-4 person groups.