• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this a crime?

vbnative73

imported post

Citizen wrote:
TFred wrote:
I just checked out the link in the OP, and it appears the story has been updated!

TFred

[suspect 1] is charged with four counts robbery, four counts of use of a firearm in commission of a felony, two counts of abduction, two counts of entering a bank armed with intent to commit larceny and two counts of conspiracy.

[suspect 2] is charged with four counts of robbery, four counts of use of a firearm in commission of a felony, two counts of abduction, two counts of entering a bank armed with intent to commit larceny and two counts of conspiracy.

Yahoo!!

The e-mail senders hopefully have sent the guy a follow up to thank him.

Sure did!

mobeewan

imported post

hsmith wrote:
I guess the age of a "journalist" doing real research on what he is reporting is long gone.
Why do research everyone knows the cops are always right.:what: Just ask Chet and Dan.:banghead:

Neplusultra

imported post

TFred wrote:
It's kind of neat (gag) how they can plausibly deny intentional deception, and at the same time, perpetuate the anti-gun agenda that carrying a gun into a bank is against the law.

Very convenient.

TFred
Very good observation TFred. Reminds me of the time the Roanoke Times took my letter to the editor, and selectively using only my words, edited it to say something completely different (ie liberal) than I was. It may have been the newspaper or even the cops that "edited" the charges to make them sound more restrictive than they really are.

Sheriff

imported post

vbnative73 wrote:
....any charges we report are provided to us by the police. We don’t “make stuff up.”
I saw that coming a mile away. It's probably true. :shock: