• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bad Van / Good Rifle

badger

imported post

It all started with a grinding sound. Within 20 miles it evolved into a death rattle...

Mrs Badger was driving our beloved camouflage van home when the tranny up and died on her. Thanks to AAA we got it towed back home. But, alas, we are in dire need of another rig so I am posting my Bushmaster M4 rifle for sale on here in an effort to raise funds for a vehicle.

For sale:
Bushmaster M4 (only took it to the range once!)
30 round magazine (12 ea.)
A couple hundred rounds of 5.56mm ammo (including a couple dozen blanks)
Blank firing adapter (not pictured)
Speed loader for stripped ammo
M9 Bayonet (new, not pictured)
Brand new pair of "Wiley X" shooting glasses (includes all accessories)
Original Bushmaster Hard case

Price: $1,000

Rifle has only been taken to range once, when I initially zeroed it. Been stored in hard case ever since. Rifle has OD sling, bayonet lug, 4 position collapsible butt stock, detachable carry handle, picatinny rail perfect for scope or reflex sight.

PM me if you're interested.

- Badger

just_a_car

imported post

I gotta say, that's the best deal on an AR platform I've seen in 6 months. Congrats to whomever gets this!... and I hope your vehicle comes out for the better, badger!

badger

imported post

The Bushmaster has left the building!

Thanks for the interest and Happy New Year to all the open-carriers out there. I'm off to the dealership to grab a pick up now.

- Badger

Cursum Perficio

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Just a helpful hint... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER store your rifle in a case that has foam or fabric in it. NEVER store your rifle in plastic. These materials retain moisture which your rifle sits in. This will obviously rust, and possibly ruin your rifle. I am especially sensitive about the M4 because I have one. It is better to store it upright in a closet, leaning against a wall than to store it in those foam- lined hard cases. Of course a gunsafe is best, but PLEASE, don't use your hard case to lock up your M4 (or other guns for that matter).

SpyderTattoo

imported post

Because you want your foam to absorbe the oil??? OK, if you don't want to listen... You'll have a harder time selling that rifle to anyone who knows anything about them if you don't take care of it.

shad0wfax

imported post

If the firearm is oiled properly and the exterior is wiped down, the foam shouldn't absorb too much oil, right?

If you throw in several packs of dessicant at regular intervals inside the casethe firearmshouldn't rust at all, right?

I'm just asking. I don't store mine in the foam cases, but firearm manufactures ship and store them in the cases, so it can't be a 100% no-no to do.