• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Using Bathroom

sheepdog

imported post

...pistol in my left hand, paper in my right...I'd like to see them pull me off the throne...but then it might be a US Senator...just saying "Hello".....public bathrooms are a great place to be a robbery victim...ain't layin' it down anywhere....

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Perhaps some of you guys care to elaborate on exactly why urinals are so dangerous? :lol:

"Especially when travelling"? C'mon... you guys don't still carry your wallets in your back pockets do you?

YllwFvr

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Perhaps some of you guys care to elaborate on exactly why urinals are so dangerous? :lol:

"Especially when travelling"? C'mon... you guys don't still carry your wallets in your back pockets do you?
Well of course! Its on a chain.:D

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

YllwFvr wrote:
marshaul wrote:

Well of course! Its on a chain.:D
I used to do that, until the chain started getting in the way of my holster (or the other way around, really). That's when I moved to my front pocket.

Although I guess that means I'll never have any more stories like the one about the expression on the would-be pickpocket's face as my wallet (with his arm attached) reached the end of its chain! (Speaking of which, I still haven't decided if open carry would be tactically wise -- legality aside -- on some of the more "colorful" streets in Prague at 2 AM.)

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I unbuckle the gunbelt 'n hang it around my neck rebuckled'on the pot'. Otherwise... just use a urinal normally. I carry at 10 O'Clock and wear nuthin' 'baggy'.

Orygunner

imported post

When I'm only carrying my regular CC Kel-Tec in my back pocket, I don't do anything different than I ever did before I carried.

However, when I OC my Taurus PT101 (same size as a Beretta P92), it's large and heavyin a high-ride OWB belt holster. If I undo my pants it tries to drag them to the floor. Even though I run the belt through the holster, belt loop and holster again, it still feels like it wants to slide off the belt, so after unbuckling my belt, I loop it back around itself by the belt loop, kindof tying the belt in a little knot. I don't choose to use the urinals and use the stalls then.

When having to, er, sit down, I just lower my pants then flip the holster inside the back of the pants so it's not on the floor and not very visible from outside the stall. I've also sometimes completely unstrapped it and hung it from the coat hook inside the door.

...Orygunner...

bugly

imported post

That's why many times when I'm out and about, I have a shoulder rig on. All ya gotta do is unclip the belt straps (if you use them at all...) and you're still in a "fighting" position even when sitting. Some might argue that a shoulder rig is cumbersome, and they're right, to an extent, but it is a lot more secure than on the side, out where any thug can make an attempt at a gun grab.

sheepdog

imported post

marshaul wrote:

...moreso because your back is to everyone who walks in...prime target for someone to put a knife to your back....or just club you down...public bathrooms are dangerous...and then there is always the danger of being bitten on the neck...:D

Sonora Rebel

imported post

sheepdog wrote:
marshaul wrote:

...moreso because your back is to everyone who walks in...prime target for someone to put a knife to your back....or just club you down...public bathrooms are dangerous...and then there is always the danger of being bitten on the neck...:D

Where the hell do you people LIVE? :what:

GreenCountyPete

imported post

I have never carried to a public restroom but when i do carry and it of cource is open only thing allowed here it usualy it is also hunting but i am in an out of the truck alot and lugging iron around for days at a time boy do i get sick of laoding and unloading that sa revolver but i love the gun.

i use a sperate pistol belt the weight of the 44mag 7.5 inch barrel drags my pants down if i just put it on my pants belt or i have to makeit uncomforably tite

so with the seperate gun belti suck in my gut pull the pistol belt up so it is over my gut then it is out of the way and both hands are free to zip button buckle

with this if you did use a urinal you could rotate as you pulled it up and it would leave it in the center of your belly just below you chest a well protected spot if you have to use a urinal , you still haev your back to the world but better than nothing.

if you are already open carrying why not use a seperate belt that way when you go to pick up the kids from school you can just remove the gunbelt and leave it locked out of site in the car

i noticed no one else here mentioned a second belt . a gun belt so i thought i would seemes viable sure workd well for me much more comforable and it is what our LEO freinds do so it is certianly time tested

Sonora Rebel

imported post

GreenCountyPete wrote:
I have never carried to a public restroom but when i do carry and it of cource is open only thing allowed here it usualy it is also hunting but i am in an out of the truck alot and lugging iron around for days at a time boy do i get sick of laoding and unloading that sa revolver but i love the gun.

i use a sperate pistol belt the weight of the 44mag 7.5 inch barrel drags my pants down if i just put it on my pants belt or i have to makeit uncomforably tite

so with the seperate gun belti suck in my gut pull the pistol belt up so it is over my gut then it is out of the way and both hands are free to zip button buckle

with this if you did use a urinal you could rotate as you pulled it up and it would leave it in the center of your belly just below you chest a well protected spot if you have to use a urinal , you still haev your back to the world but better than nothing.

if you are already open carrying why not use a seperate belt that way when you go to pick up the kids from school you can just remove the gunbelt and leave it locked out of site in the car

i noticed no one else here mentioned a second belt . a gun belt so i thought i would seemes viable sure workd well for me much more comforable and it is what our LEO freinds do so it is certianly time tested

See my post above. I've always worn a separate gunbelt... 'cept for the little MAK.

My 1911 will drag my drawers off.

GreenCountyPete

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
GreenCountyPete wrote:

See my post above. I've always worn a separate gunbelt... 'cept for the little MAK.

My 1911 will drag my drawers off.

sorry i did mis that but understand what your saying now yes if open seperate belt makes most sence to me

nh92d

imported post

when it does come to the time that i need a public restroom(which isn't to often,if i can help it) i normally luck out and have the chance to use a handicap stall which for the most part has either a folddownbaby changing table or a nice wide TP dispenser to place my gun safely on.out of sight from prying eyes and no chance for gun grabbing(unless they really want to enter the stall..)

KAHR54

imported post

I would love to see how this scenario would be performed during an IDPA session:

"Situation: You are perched atop a porcelain P.C. performing a download of brownware with your *safe*loaded and charged pistol nestled twixt your knees supported by your briefs ( optional) when a BG grabs you by the ankles and yanks you under the door.

Response: (men): release yourpisser and take up your pistol and place two shots center of mass and one shot to the head of the BG. OR: one shot to the BG's left knee, one shot to his right forearm and one shot to your own foot of choice.

(women): release your cellphone and take up your pistolandplace16shots to the center of the BG's crotch.

Can't wait to see the mock-up and apparatus they use for this.

Loneviking

imported post

nh92d wrote:
when it does come to the time that i need a public restroom(which isn't to often,if i can help it) i normally luck out and have the chance to use a handicap stall which for the most part has either a folddownbaby changing table or a nice wide TP dispenser to place my gun safely on.out of sight from prying eyes and no chance for gun grabbing(unless they really want to enter the stall..)
Dang right. I also know which bathrooms in which stores are clean, and which ones are single use only with baby tables. Those are the ones you want to use if at all possible. And when using a urinal, always go for the end one as you have a wall you can immedietly put your back to while drawing your weapon if the need arises.

W5DVC

imported post

Excellent observation "Shorts" , as a fellow Texan you do not dissapoint . But I will go you one better. Whenever I have to use the facilities , regardless of what business I have to take care of , I go to the Handicapped Stall . It is larger ,and it's usually the last stall .If I'm carrying in a vertical shoulder holster I don't worry about it , if I'm carrying in a Pancake or IWB , I unbuckle by belt , drop trou , take a seat and hold my gun in my left hand ( I'm ambidextrous , U.S. NAVY INSISTED ON IT, as I was left-handed when I enlisted . I got out as a GMG6 ( E-6 GUNNERS MATE ). HAD TO BE RIGHT-HANDED AND RIGHT-EYE DOMINANT ) , and if a police officer wants to see my concealed carry license he is welcome to see it.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

jsmith89 wrote:
Ok weird question.

I carry my Glock Model 30 in a fobus paddle holster on my right hip. My question is what am I supposed to do when I drop my pants to use the bathroom?

Do you pee like a 5 year old and drop your entire trousers to your ankles? If NO (which I hope is the case) Unzip your pants, pull your thing out and pee.

If you need to go #2: unholster the weapon and place it on the TP dispenser.

Seriously... I wonder about you guy sometimes.

Tiny85

imported post

MikeV wrote:
I carry IWB at roughly 4:00 position. What I do is roll the waistband of my drqwers over the top and with that bit of Camoflage and the fact that its is roughly behind my right leg it is properly hidden from view. When done I ensure that both the stall on my right and the area directly ifront of the door is clear before I get "dressed". Up to this point I have not had to sit anyone out yet.

MikeV
Better hope you never end up with someone else using the same M.O. in the stall next to you... Could have a real Mexican stand off on your hands.

nh92d

imported post

I did have incident couple weeks ago when i was forced to use regular size stall and tried securing my gun the same way as i would in a larger stall..

I placed my gun on top of T.P. dispencer and proceeded to sit down when...my elbow hits the dispencer(which isn't as wide as i'm used too) causing my gun to fall to the floor and land directly under dividerwall..and of course the stall i was in was outer one next to urinals..quickly grabbed it and secured it better.didn't hear anyone make a comment and this was in a Walmart supercenter of all places..(kinda expected a manager to confront me or something or even a MWG call to police..but nothing)

after finishing up,continued my small amount of shopping with no further issues..i've decided i need to change my tactics..

(good thing i was sitting on a toilet or i would of needed to change my shorts...too)

thought i'd share..