• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Atlanta airport gun ban status

exgabrit

imported post

I was reading on georgia carry that there may be no premise for the gun ban and more paperwork is being filed.

Does any one know the plain English response to the ban as of December 31st ? or when their is going to be a definitive yes / no ?

rmodel65

imported post

atlanta claims the feds control the airport, and that the state tried to create a right to carry there.

GCO the airport is wrong, the state cant create rights they are reserved by the people. If the feds preemptively control airport terminals then the state cant stop you since its preempted. But this is untrue, even if it wa true atlanta's hands are tied because cities cant pass gun laws. an airport is PTrans and hb89 decriminalized the carry.

exgabrit

imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
atlanta claims the feds control the airport, and that the state tried to create a right to carry there.

GCO the airport is wrong, the state cant create rights they are reserved by the people. If the feds preemptively control airport terminals then the state cant stop you since its preempted. But this is untrue, even if it wa true atlanta's hands are tied because cities cant pass gun laws. an airport is PTrans and hb89 decriminalized the carry.
So, basically right now, any one can walk into atlanta airport baggage claim open carrying and say "boo to you with nobs on" ?

rmodel65

imported post

haha no :p atlanta want to side with the ruling of martin shoob and claim its a felony instead of a violation of the public gathering law

exgabrit

imported post

Ugh !! These people are like those really slippery people, ... politicians ?
So, are the good guys filing paperwork to counteract the bad people evil magic ?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I think the issue right now is re gettoing a federal court's injunction against Atlanta - as I understand the District Court's ruling, it simply declined to issue an injunction against Atlanta - federal courts are increasingly unlikley to rule on state law questions. I see nothing in the District Court's ruling saying carry at the Atlanta Airport is unlawful as a matter of Georgia law.