• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbe to site....

gr8prohunter

imported post

I found the site through a guy that was OC in a resturant. I am CPL holder and carry every chance I can. I was floored to see a non LEO carrying open.

I guess I need to learn all I can about OC before I do.

With out doing a search on the site is there a link someone can post to the Michigan OC laws?

xd9sc

imported post

You might want to start by check out some of the "sticky" thread at the top of the list when you choose "michigan" there is alot if information in in the first 5 or so threads. Welcome, and Good luck!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

gr8prohunter wrote:
I found the site through a guy that was OC in a resturant. I am CPL holder and carry every chance I can. I was floored to see a non LEO carrying open.

I guess I need to learn all I can about OC before I do.

With out doing a search on the site is there a link someone can post to the Michigan OC laws?

Welcome to OCDO Prohunter.

Which restaurant was it-if you don't mind me asking?

ghostrider

imported post

Welcome to the forum.

There are no laws allowing OC, so you'll probably be a while waiting for someone to cite them.

Laws just don't work that way. Take your CPL for example. You need a license to CC because at some time in the past, the Michigan legislature decided to pass a law making it illegal to carry a concealed weapon (including a pistol). Before that law was passed, there were no laws prohibiting it, so it was legal to do. After they passed the law making CC illegal, the needed to pass some law making arrangements for those who were "approved" to be able to carry concealed without breaking the law. That is where concealed pistol licenses come in. Had they never passed a law prohibiting CC, then there would be no need for the license (you could just legally do it).

The reason OC is legal, is because there are no laws prohibiting it.

Do read the sticky threads on the Michigan sub forum of this board. Pay close attention to the threads titled, "MICHIGAN OPEN CARRY INFO HERE", and, "WASH, RINSE, REPEAT". If you still have questions after reading that feel free to ask (I know it's usually recommended to do a search, but I just don't think this forum's search function is all that great, and don't care to put someone else through it).