• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Factory grip for Ruger GP100

Huck

imported post

Does anyone know where I can find a factory grip, the one with the wood inserts, for the Ruger GP100? The Hogue grips I now use have those annoying finger grooves(doesanyone make hard rubber grips thatdont have those friggin finger grooves?) and Icant find the grips that came with the pistol, though I have no doubt that they'll turn up after I get another one! :)

III

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Huck wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a factory grip, the one with the wood inserts, for the Ruger GP100? The Hogue grips I now use have those annoying finger grooves(doesanyone make hard rubber grips thatdont have those friggin finger grooves?) and Icant find the grips that came with the pistol, though I have no doubt that they'll turn up after I get another one! :)

III
Why not call Ruger?

Ed69

imported post

Product Service - Newport, NH

Service inquires for Shotguns, Revolvers, 22 Charger Pistols and all Rifles except Police Carbines.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Product Service Department
411 Sunapee Street
Newport, NH 03773

Telephone: 603-865-2442 / Fax: 603-863-6165
(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST)

Give them a call,you'll have a new factory grip in no time.:cool:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I looked on Ruger's website. All their GP100's are sporting Hogue grips now.

Wonder when that changed.

nova

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I looked on Ruger's website. All their GP100's are sporting Hogue grips now.

Wonder when that changed.
Probably around the same time S&W did the same thing.

nova

imported post

Check out Midwayusa:

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...0613***662***12658***8620***&sortBy=Price asc

They have the original rubber grips (albeit without the wood inserts) for both the fixed sight models and the adj. models.

They also have the Pachmayr Gripper grips on there, which have finger grooves but they are less 'pronounced' than the Hogues. I have big hands and prefer grips without grooves (like Pachmayr Presentations) but I found the Grippers to fit my hand equally as well. Hogues grooves are a little small for my fingers though I have a few sets I held onto for a few guns.

Huck

imported post

Thanks folks. I'll keep looking. I dont understand why Ruger went to those grips with the friggin finger grooves either. It seems like everyone makes revolver grips with those danged finger grooves in them! :cuss:

III

bobcat

imported post

Other than the nice selection at Midway, sounds like a good excuse to go to a gun show.:cool:

And the finger grooves? Personally, I prefer them, all the easier to grip thy tool with and maintain a good purchase.;) To each his own...

concierge11

imported post

I have one from a 1988 Ruger GP100. Rubber w/ wood insert. In pretty good shape - a 7, from 1 - 10 (10 being excellent). Call me if interested. 305-519-3887.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Poster on another forum bought these from Ruger 1/13/10 - so they do appear to still be available.

Yata hey

Rubber Grip w/ Rosewood inserts

Item Number:70083
clear.gif
Unit Price: $39.95
clear.gif
In Stock

One-piece rubber grip with rosewood inserts for the Ruger® Super Redhawk & GP100 Adjustable Sight Models.
70083_L.jpg

Edited bad link - can't find the original link now.

gotm4

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The company that was making the wood/rubber grips for Ruger went out of business.
It's a shame as they were nice grips and those are the kind I have on my target gray GP100 4".

As big a Ruger is I'm wondering why they didn't just buy that company.