Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When your tummy growls in Gettysburg

Post imported post

Hey if your just passing through, or touring the Battlefields, you can keep your 2A rights strapped right on your side while you dine, I just got back from a nice long Holiday visit with the Inlaws in Gettysburg, and Mom inlaw says you can carry while your eating and eat while your carrying in her Restaurant.. Check out the Menu, Doug Stultz will fix practically anything you want, cooked to order.. Tell em that Bettys handsome son inlaw from MissouriCarnivore sent ya !!

Gettysburg Family Restaurant

1275 York Rd.

Gettysburg, Pa. 17325

717-337-2700

in the shopping center at Jct. hwy.15 and hwy.30

Banquet room available.

Might want to call ahead for any sizable group..

Post imported post

Hmmmm .... Open carry dinner location maybe ??

~~Springfield

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Carnivore wrote:
    Gettysburg Family Restaurant
    Guess my next trip to PA will have to have a little detour over to Gettysburg.

Thanks, Carnivore!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

These last 9 days were spent cataloging a nice gun collection of my wifes Uncles, I looked in on the site everyday, but never signed in.

I managed to make it down to the square and points N&S to stroll through the old shops and soak up some of the civil war era memorabilia(awesome Eye Candy for me) never bought anything, as I didn't need more to try to haul back on the plane. But I asked Mom inlaw about her acceptance of open carry in the dining room at the restaraunt, and she said she's had groups in before, and the guns don't cause any problem, and their owners always leave dead presidents when paying for a meal, so bring em on..

She packs a Ruger 9mm p90 and I believe a Taurus millenium.38 , and you won't find any gun buster signs on her doors.. If she weighed me when I arrived in Gettysburg, and weighed me before I left, I'd owe Doug the cook an arm and a leg, GOOD FOOD !!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I will keep this in mind next time I get out that way. I may even organize an OC dinner out there if I can get enough people to go. Is Betty your mom-inlaw, the owner? If so, I will call to set something up.

Post imported post

Betty TopperMom inlaw, Yes,, Partner/Owner with Doug Stultz partner/ owner Cook/Kitchen manager, Brother inlaw..

Have your waitress call Doug from the Kitchen, and Tell him Jesse sent you, He has lots of questions about Pa. laws, and different OC/CCW do's and don'ts, I referred him to the site here, but he didn't have time to check it out before I left the state.. Mom inlaw knows Pa. law inside and out, as she has a degree in Paralegal and keeps herself current,Catch him before 1/21/09 or allow a week after this date, ButBetty will schedule any group or individual sitting you request, the banquet room will probably seat 40 or so very comfortably, and half of those seats will have a clear line of fire towards the door, if your like me and like to watch the entrance

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

That is great!! It will probably not be until spring, but, I will try to get a crew together to have an OC lunch out there then. All of the OC'ers are very much up on the gun laws of Pa. It will be neat to meet your Mom in law and I will bring a gun rights flyer along to give to Doug.

Thanks for the info Jesse!

Pittsburgh (Beechview), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Springfield45 wrote:
    Hmmmm .... Open carry dinner location maybe ??

~~Springfield
    Already done one there :celebrate

Though we usually try and do our OC dinners in less-then-OC-friendly jurisdictions, to make a point

Post imported post

Well I guess that would be a good one liner when you approach another restaraunt owner for a new location,

"( Hey I was wondering if you had banquet facility for XX number of OC gunowners to come in and have a luncheon, or would you recommend we keep our business at the Gettysburg family restaraunt area?)"

Post imported post

We may make it there this year, My Daughter just mentioned today she wnats to go back and walk on the battlefield.

Gettysburgis trulymemorable location. and I highly recommend a tour.

Post imported post

I agree, I've been in and out of that town for 10 years of visits, and have yet to see all I want to take in..

Post imported post

Yep Betty is alright. She is a member of my club. She should have brought you to ACSHA to do some shooting. I forget who set up the OC meet, but I was there. Sat next to Greg I think.

Good food, good staff, a few cute waitresses.

It's all good at Gettysburg Family Rest.

Post imported post

I will definitely stop to eat there when I fly to Pennsylvania for my trip.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

Gettysburg Family Restaurant is in the Staples shopping center across from Walmart. It is also very near Rt 15 for anyone passing through.

It's right near H&R Block and the American Eye Center.

Post imported post

Gettysburg Family Restaurant is in the Staples shopping center across from Walmart. It is also very near Rt 15 for anyone passing through.

It's right near H&R Block and the American Eye Center.

Post imported post

I snowboard at Roundtop occasionally. Next time I'm up that way I'll dine there for sure!

Post imported post

DJ TURNz wrote:
    Yep Betty is alright. She is a member of my club. She should have brought you to ACSHA to do some shooting. I forget who set up the OC meet, but I was there. Sat next to Greg I think.

Good food, good staff, a few cute waitresses.

It's all good at Gettysburg Family Rest.
    Betty and Sarah both shoot a little, I wish she had mentined going out to your place to shoot, she's got I believea new Bersa she was wanting to try out, on my next visit, I'll let her know if she really loves her son in law, she will take me shooting while i'm on an out of state visit..

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    I snowboard at Roundtop occasionally. Next time I'm up that way I'll dine there for sure!
    Heck yea,, tell her yer bringing a group of cold open carriers in to eat and warm up and ya want the best price of the day for her 2a supporters..

Post imported post

The ACSHA Range Committee held a meeting in the side room this past Sunday. Wonderful food and great service, once again.

Post imported post

Awesome!! Hope they rolled the red carpet for ya'll..:celebrate

Post imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
    I will definitely stop to eat there when I fly to Pennsylvania for my trip.
    HMM, wanna meet up roo boy? LOL

Yeah I was at the OC lunch there last year, met Lil Dobe, Greg, and others, and it was my first time OCing in public. Fingers ( Jim) set it up, and assured us all that the owner was a gun person like us. We got stares from other patrons, and some of us were lingering in the parking lot afterwards and a van load of 80 somethings drove by, the 80 somethings gawking at us! No cops were ever seen, and one of the guys even went to the nearby walmart to buy ammo and OC'd there and had no problems.

Post imported post

Hey XD40 I haven't spoke to you in a while. How are you doing?

hehe.. I could always appear to a meet in fursuit while OCing *grin*. Think I'll get lots of looks? :P
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

SorryI didn't get back to you on the pm, meant to and forgot all about it till now. I'm doing ok, though I plain hate winter, except for the trapping (41 red foxes, 5 raccoons, and 1 big possum, still have some beaver/mink/muskrat/otter to go after yet).

OC in fursuit? Hmm...I am guessing your roosuit is done?

Post imported post

D: I'm jealous, you get to skin all those animals by yourself...

No, my roo suit isn't done yet. I've some of the head and body done, but I'm going to redo the head. Currently I'm needing the weather to warm up so I can use the outdoor shop, and the head structure will be molded using kevlar. My friend who made a fox fursuit using carbon fiber gave me the idea, who happens to be in to firearms a great deal. I was joking with him and he said I could make the structure using kevlar.

Post imported post

I think the PD's in York county would totally flip if they got a call about " weird people dressed in animal costumes, with guns" LMAO. That would be a FWAG call ( furry with a gun). I do have various hilarious scenereos involving OC though, I can't shut off my creative mind sometimes. Just wish I could WRITE stories like I did 15 years ago and do my little drawings too. LOL my old drawings look like furry art, I guess I am a natural born furry at heart.

Spontaneous art by me LOL:

brass yote

fox target ( please ignore the crappy shooting)

LMAO- how about this one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast