• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When your tummy growls in Gettysburg

Carnivore

imported post

Hey if your just passing through, or touring the Battlefields, you can keep your 2A rights strapped right on your side while you dine, I just got back from a nice long Holiday visit with the Inlaws in Gettysburg, and Mom inlaw says you can carry while your eating and eat while your carrying in her Restaurant.. Check out the Menu, Doug Stultz will fix practically anything you want, cooked to order.. Tell em that Bettys handsome son inlaw from MissouriCarnivore sent ya !!

Gettysburg Family Restaurant

1275 York Rd.

Gettysburg, Pa. 17325

717-337-2700

in the shopping center at Jct. hwy.15 and hwy.30

Banquet room available.

Might want to call ahead for any sizable group..

Carnivore

imported post

These last 9 days were spent cataloging a nice gun collection of my wifes Uncles, I looked in on the site everyday, but never signed in.

I managed to make it down to the square and points N&S to stroll through the old shops and soak up some of the civil war era memorabilia(awesome Eye Candy for me) never bought anything, as I didn't need more to try to haul back on the plane. But I asked Mom inlaw about her acceptance of open carry in the dining room at the restaraunt, and she said she's had groups in before, and the guns don't cause any problem, and their owners always leave dead presidents when paying for a meal, so bring em on..

She packs a Ruger 9mm p90 and I believe a Taurus millenium.38 , and you won't find any gun buster signs on her doors.. If she weighed me when I arrived in Gettysburg, and weighed me before I left, I'd owe Doug the cook an arm and a leg, GOOD FOOD !!

SP101

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I will keep this in mind next time I get out that way. I may even organize an OC dinner out there if I can get enough people to go. Is Betty your mom-inlaw, the owner? If so, I will call to set something up.:)

Carnivore

imported post

Betty TopperMom inlaw, Yes,, Partner/Owner with Doug Stultz partner/ owner Cook/Kitchen manager, Brother inlaw..

Have your waitress call Doug from the Kitchen, and Tell him Jesse sent you, He has lots of questions about Pa. laws, and different OC/CCW do's and don'ts, I referred him to the site here, but he didn't have time to check it out before I left the state.. Mom inlaw knows Pa. law inside and out, as she has a degree in Paralegal and keeps herself current,Catch him before 1/21/09 or allow a week after this date, ButBetty will schedule any group or individual sitting you request, the banquet room will probably seat 40 or so very comfortably, and half of those seats will have a clear line of fire towards the door, if your like me and like to watch the entrance:lol:

SP101

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That is great!! It will probably not be until spring, but, I will try to get a crew together to have an OC lunch out there then. All of the OC'ers are very much up on the gun laws of Pa. It will be neat to meet your Mom in law and I will bring a gun rights flyer along to give to Doug.

Thanks for the info Jesse!:)

Carnivore

imported post

Well I guess that would be a good one liner when you approach another restaraunt owner for a new location,

"( Hey I was wondering if you had banquet facility for XX number of OC gunowners to come in and have a luncheon, or would you recommend we keep our business at the Gettysburg family restaraunt area?)";)

Mtn Jack

imported post

We may make it there this year, My Daughter just mentioned today she wnats to go back and walk on the battlefield.

Gettysburgis trulymemorable location. and I highly recommend a tour.

DJ TURNz

imported post

Yep Betty is alright. She is a member of my club. She should have brought you to ACSHA to do some shooting. I forget who set up the OC meet, but I was there. Sat next to Greg I think.

Good food, good staff, a few cute waitresses.

It's all good at Gettysburg Family Rest.

DJ TURNz

imported post

Gettysburg Family Restaurant is in the Staples shopping center across from Walmart. It is also very near Rt 15 for anyone passing through.

It's right near H&R Block and the American Eye Center.

DJ TURNz

imported post

Gettysburg Family Restaurant is in the Staples shopping center across from Walmart. It is also very near Rt 15 for anyone passing through.

It's right near H&R Block and the American Eye Center.

IanB

imported post

I snowboard at Roundtop occasionally. Next time I'm up that way I'll dine there for sure!

Carnivore

imported post

DJ TURNz wrote:
Yep Betty is alright. She is a member of my club. She should have brought you to ACSHA to do some shooting. I forget who set up the OC meet, but I was there. Sat next to Greg I think.

Good food, good staff, a few cute waitresses.

It's all good at Gettysburg Family Rest.
Betty and Sarah both shoot a little, I wish she had mentined going out to your place to shoot, she's got I believea new Bersa she was wanting to try out, on my next visit, I'll let her know if she really loves her son in law, she will take me shooting while i'm on an out of state visit..;)

Carnivore

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
I snowboard at Roundtop occasionally. Next time I'm up that way I'll dine there for sure!
Heck yea,, tell her yer bringing a group of cold open carriers in to eat and warm up and ya want the best price of the day for her 2a supporters..:dude:

DJ TURNz

imported post

The ACSHA Range Committee held a meeting in the side room this past Sunday. Wonderful food and great service, once again.