• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man shot 22 times before finally going down.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

One shot stops from solid hits from an effective .40S&W load do occur more frequently than for lesser powerful loads and are not a myth. But just like most everything in life, there are no guarantees. Defensive handguns are just not that powerful to begin with. They are certainly much better than a hammer, but when compared to a main battle rifle of say .308 caliber.. of course, bet on the rifle.

There is too much detail lacking to make a reasonable assumption from this article. How did the bullets perform once in the body? Did proper expansion take place? Was sufficient tissue disrupted and destroyed with the early hits? And on and on.

What this article does prove is that the old adage that, "anything can and very well may happen" is correct. It also backs up the argument to continue to research the latest offerings in ammunition and use the best you can for your sidearm. Then make your hits count as best you can.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

The officer may have been carrying high velocity hardball but most definitely was not utilizing DPX or HST with all center of mass hits.

Good example of Murphy's Law.

Yata hey

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
The officer may have been carrying high velocity hardball but most definitely was not utilizing DPX or HST with all center of mass hits.

Good example of Murphy's Law.

Yata hey
"Despite the fact that the weapon had been loaded with Ranger SXTs—considered by many to be one of the best man-stoppers available"

KansasMustang

imported post

All I can say is WOW. That guy was either on Angel Dust or just to stupid to die. But at least the LEO didn't get killed, and there were no bystanders hit. I would have thought a .40 cal should have taken him down faster, wonder how many rounds hit vital organs, heart lungs etc.

MetalChris

imported post

Holy crap, that's one of the most intense things I've ever read! I almost felt like I was there!

compmanio365

imported post

OK, finding a magazine holder and carrying 2 spare mags at least from now on. I think that's gotta be a armed person's worst fear. To shoot someone effectively, do everything right, but the BG still won't go down. Not sure how old that article is, but I have to give kudos to that officer.....he's a fighter for sure.

Marco

imported post

After two COM shots failed to stop I would have sent the next two shots somewhere else, if possible.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
After two COM shots failed to stop I would have sent the next two shots somewhere else, if possible.

Well I think he tried, but having three or four wounds of his own to think on might have altered the steadiness of his aim slightly. I think the Officer did just fine, HE stuck to his training and it saved his life. Not to mention the assist from his Kevlar.

Regards

Decoligny

imported post

Of those 22 rounds, you would think that at least one or two of the first magazine would have been center of mass above the neck.

Officer needs to practice up on his Mozambique drill.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Decoligny wrote:
Of those 22 rounds, you would think that at least one or two of the first magazine would have been center of mass above the neck.
You mean an inter cranial injection of a heavy metal toxin?

Yata hey

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Well of course that is what he means.

It is a documented fact ... now where did I put that citation ... that all criminal behavior is caused by a deficiency of heavy metals in the cerebral cortex. Theplacement of165 to 230 grains of copper and lead, applied at a velocity of between 850 and 1250 FPS directly to the brain will end most criminal activity.

This is by the way one of the few true cures that is know to be effective and permanent.

Failing proper field application, an alternative treatment of the proper group of chemicals injected into the patient is equally effective but far more expensive.
Regards

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Well of course that is what he means.

It is a documented fact ... now where did I put that citation ... that all criminal behavior is caused by a deficiency of heavy metals in the cerebral cortex. Theplacement of165 to 230 grains of copper and lead, applied at a velocity of between 850 and 1250 FPS directly to the brain will end most criminal activity.

This is by the way one of the few true cures that is know to be effective and permanent.

Failing proper field application, an alternative treatment of the proper group of chemicals injected into the patient is equally effective but far more expensive.
Regards

I have to concur with my collegues.

BTW, what are your findings concerning the adjustment of weight balance of the cerrabellumby high velocity injection of said metal implants?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
BTW, what are your findings concerning the adjustment of weight balance of the cerrabellumby high velocity injection of said metal implants?
Findings are as reported in the following link.

http://www.gunthorp.com/Terminal%20Ballistics%20as%20viewed%20in%20a%20morgue.htm

"I see an average of 8.2 autopsies per day/365 days per year, and I can tell you that when the chips are down, there's nothing that beats a 12-gauge. As for handguns, the name of the game is not only shot placement but how a properly-placed bullet acts once it gets there."

Yata hey