Thread: The ad campaign has started....

Post imported post

Has anyone seen this commercial playing on TV in the last couple days?

http://www.adcouncil.org/default.aspx?id=57

Look on the right hand side of the page under Campaign material/Television/babies.

It still amazes me that people will focus on this while there are so many other causes of "mothers losing their babies every day"

We're in for a VERY long four years!!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764.

Post imported post

I find it confusing that in the text it says the following:

Furthermore, 31% of all homicide victims were 13 to 24 years old, and these teenage and young adult victims were four times more likely to be murdered with a gun than with all other weapons combined.

But then in the "Babies" video, the children who disappear appear to be much younger than 13-24.

Also the people in the "Mother" video who are fighting appear to be unsavory group who probably don't have guns legally in the first place.

I'm against gun violence too, but I don't want to restrict law abiding citizens from being able to protect ourselves from folks who shouldn't have guns in the first place.

Post imported post

Isn't i t something like 150 children under the age of 14 die a year from firearms? While sad, it is nothing like the "epidemic" they claim

Post imported post

I fail to see how "gun" violence is any worse than other types of violence. It's all violence. In fact, being killed by a hole being punched though you is better than being slashed, stabbed, poisoned, or blown up IMO. All violence is equally bad but I don't see why these people think "Ohhh it was a gun that means it was worse!"

Post imported post

If the ad council is so concerned with the safety of children, they should campaign against abortion which kills about a million children a year.Though, of course they are for that right, but not for the right to own guns.

This is not to start a debate about abortion, just to point out how hypocritical the ad council is when it comes to "protecting" children.

Post imported post

http://www.poolalarms.com/pool_drowning_statistics.htm

Drowning is the 4th leading cause of accidental death in the United States, claiming 4,000 lives annually. Approximately one-third are children under the age of 14.
    So that's 1,333 children every year under fourteen.

Drowning is the second-leading cause of unintentional, injury-related death among children under the age of 15.
    Children under five and adolescents between the ages of 15-24 have the highest drowning rates.

In 10 states - Alaska, Arizona, California, Florida, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington - drowning surpasses all other causes of death to children age 14 and under.

I wonder how many people at the Ad Council have swimming pools they bought using paychecks funded with OUR money?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    Isn't i t something like 150 children under the age of 14 die a year from firearms? While sad, it is nothing like the "epidemic" they claim
    I think it's more like 50 under the age of 14.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Gotta love how they include the 18-24 year olds as 'children.'

Take the inner city drug dealerss and gang bangers out of the stats, and properly identify the data for those who are really children.

This is an old tactic that I had not seen in a while, sucks for it to be making a comeback.