• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The ad campaign has started....

eyesopened

imported post

I find it confusing that in the text it says the following:

Furthermore, 31% of all homicide victims were 13 to 24 years old, and these teenage and young adult victims were four times more likely to be murdered with a gun than with all other weapons combined.

But then in the "Babies" video, the children who disappear appear to be much younger than 13-24.

Also the people in the "Mother" video who are fighting appear to be unsavory group who probably don't have guns legally in the first place.

I'm against gun violence too, but I don't want to restrict law abiding citizens from being able to protect ourselves from folks who shouldn't have guns in the first place.

hsmith

imported post

Isn't i t something like 150 children under the age of 14 die a year from firearms? While sad, it is nothing like the "epidemic" they claim

nova

imported post

I fail to see how "gun" violence is any worse than other types of violence. It's all violence. In fact, being killed by a hole being punched though you is better than being slashed, stabbed, poisoned, or blown up IMO. All violence is equally bad but I don't see why these people think "Ohhh it was a gun that means it was worse!"

rebfan

imported post

If the ad council is so concerned with the safety of children, they should campaign against abortion which kills about a million children a year.Though, of course they are for that right, but not for the right to own guns.

This is not to start a debate about abortion, just to point out how hypocritical the ad council is when it comes to "protecting" children.

AbNo

imported post

http://www.poolalarms.com/pool_drowning_statistics.htm

Drowning is the 4th leading cause of accidental death in the United States, claiming 4,000 lives annually. Approximately one-third are children under the age of 14.
So that's 1,333 children every year under fourteen.

Drowning is the second-leading cause of unintentional, injury-related death among children under the age of 15.
Children under five and adolescents between the ages of 15-24 have the highest drowning rates.
In 10 states - Alaska, Arizona, California, Florida, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington - drowning surpasses all other causes of death to children age 14 and under.
I wonder how many people at the Ad Council have swimming pools they bought using paychecks funded with OUR money?

Glock27Bill

imported post

Gotta love how they include the 18-24 year olds as 'children.'

Take the inner city drug dealerss and gang bangers out of the stats, and properly identify the data for those who are really children.

This is an old tactic that I had not seen in a while, sucks for it to be making a comeback.