• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bass Prop Shops range in Grapevine...

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Anyone else go there? I've been there 3 times in the past two weeks and it has been nice. No wait and friendly staff. Good price of $10 and no upfront registration fee like the other ranges in the area.

The only bad thing about this range is that the clips that hold up the targets don't grip well and you have to tape your targets on the clamp so they don't fall off down range.

FoGKeebler

imported post

I have thought about going there in the past but haven't yet. Most ranges I have been to require the taping of targets to keep them from falling off down range. Not only that, the tape can be your friend when your on a budget and just want to shoot for fun. I use masking tape to cover the holes so I can use the target a couple of times. :D:D:D

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Yeah...The tape does come in handy for that. They give you 4 targets to use. Not a bad place though... I decided to check it out because it was just too cold outside a few weeks ago and I was itching to go shooting

FoGKeebler

imported post

How long do you get the range for on 10 bucks? I tried looking up the info on their web site but I would have had better luck shooting the wings off a nat with a carnival bb gun at 100 yards

SilentKTexan

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

They say 2 hours.. But I was there for a little over 3 and no one said anything. If it is slow they won't kick you out, from my experience.

You check your gun at the front door and they put on a trigger lock that they take off when you get to the range...Then the same process backwards when you leave the range.