• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Downriver Meet & Eat Sunday?

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

I remember Hines Drive. Thats where friends and family would gather in warm summer months to play baseball, softball, throw a Frisbee, walk the dog, bike, and have cookouts

It was great until that GANG showed up and ran everyone off years ago. Now hardly anyone goes down there and the ones that do have to pay protection money to that gang so they leave them alone.

pmcqueen37

imported post

Ya protection Money, $$ 100 bucks for the pavillion for a day. And Yes I remember when they ran everybody off. Just figured, I'd like to see how OC with the WC force would work.

ISMOID

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, U
imported post

Count me in too.

Here is another idea!
I mentioned to Dougwg in the parking lot as we were leaving lunch today about the plate shoots at the Washtenaw Sportsmans Club. He told me that he does the pin shoots at Top Gun all the time.
I would like to throw the idea out there about getting together for some shooting fun. Top Gun is an indoor range so weather is not a factor. When the weather gets nice enough to be outside the plate shoot at WSC are a blast, pardon the pun.

Here are the links
Top Gun Shooting Sports
Washtenaw Sportsmans Club